Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
crowhold

Cannot change Account Type.

I have an computer administrator account with an extensive profile. I would like to stop surfing the Internet with an an administrator account, but keep that profile in a limited account. To do this, I created a new administrator account, logged onto it and tried to change my original administrator account to a limited account. This worked fine on my Dell system with XP Home Edition, but not with my Lenovo system with XP Professional. The "change account t" option is listed for that other, original, administrator account. Is there a way to solve this?

crowhold

3000 N200

XP Home Edition

Fanfold Paper
crowhold

SWTOOLS blocking User Switching and Welcome Screen?

I tried to change the way users log in and found that function had been disabled -- apparently by SWTOOLS. An error message directed me to C:\Windows\System32\BCMLogin.dll. An Explorer search  for this file took me to C:\SWTOOLS\Drivers\BCM. Is there a way to remedy this?

crowhold

3000 N200

Windows XP Home Edition

Fanfold Paper
crowhold

Re: SWTOOLS blocking User Switching and Welcome Screen?

In case anyone's watching, I found a simple solution on another forum:

http://www.japanitup.com/bcmlogon-dll/#comment-6000

Here’s a solution shared by Pdunn56:
  1. To restore the fast user switching:
  2. Go into the Windows control panel. Choose the ‘wireless configuration utility’
  3. Uncheck the first box that says “Let this tool manager your wireless networks”
  4. Hit okay.
  5. I’m not sure if you need to reboot or not, but that should be it.
  6. This worked, but it made my password-protected Administrative User disappear. It did save My Documents, etc. under Administrator in the Documents and Settings Folder, and I suspect it saved my old profile somewhere.

I don't know why Lenove wants to deny users the User Switching option.

crowhold