;     MS_NdisWanIp,\
;     MS_NdisWanIpx,\
;     MS_NdisWanNbfIn,MS_NdisWanNbfOut

yrw
Paper Tape
yrw

Re: Error 720: HELP Me!!!

Appreciate for GomJabbar's answer!

I tried that yesterday, but the same problem still existed. After a big struggle in my mind, i had decided to reinstall my xp system. when that was done, the problem was gone too, and I was very happy that I could connect my pc to internet with my N78, though it's a bit pity to reinstall it.

:robothappy:

Paper Tape
menza

Re: Error 720:

Hi,

unfortunately, this solution does not work with Vista. And in my case I just learned that is a common problem when you have the Symantec Antivirus stuff on board. So i suggest you either upgrade to 7 (that fixed the problem for my colleagues (I am waiting for an appointment with the techies) or try another anti virus suite.

Alex

What's DOS?
nauisteve

Re: Error 720: Dial-Up Networking could not negotiate a compatible set of network protocols (a solut

I followed your instructions up to the point of editting the netrasa.inf file.  I do not have that file. This is a model T400 running XP. The aircard is slightly different it is a Sierra Wireless 595, but the error message is the same. The HKEY ID in the registry was identical although the IP and PPTP subkeys were at 0006 and 0003. Any thoughts for this?

What's DOS?
shas

Re: Error 720: Dial-Up Networking could not negotiate a compatible set of network protocols (a solut

THANK YOU SO SO SO SO MUCH. PROBLEM FIXED. I HAD A TATA PHOTON + WHICH STARTED GIVING ERROR 720. WAS TEARING MY HAIRS OFF. YOUR SOLUTION SOLVED IT IN NO TIME

Punch Card
Getsby

[ Edited ]

Worked on Windows 8 64-bit ThinkPad W520! :smileyvery-happy:

This solution worked!

Only thing what I made a little bit different due to Windows 8 “user friendliness” was reboot after uninstalling WAN Miniport IP and  WAN Miniport PPTP (however Device Manager was shoving both devices).

After restart Device Manager showed yellow “!” mark and I had chosen to update driver and manually pick appropriate driver - Microsoft -  WAN Miniport IP and WAN Miniport PPTP.

After second reboot my VPN worked flawlessly!

I was accusing ESET Smart Security antivirus and lot of other stuff for breaking VPN and at the end I’ve uninstalled only Intel Networking Software and Lenovo Dependency Package.

So far VPN is working as expected!

@harrisb – You are an apsolute Guru! Thank you very, very much!

Paper Tape
jvopalensky

FYI - I also had this issue. On Windows 8.0 I had to re-install the OS, but after upgrade to 8.1 broke my VPN and MinPorts again I found this solution:

This was also confirmed by this person at http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-8-and-8-1/SOLVED-WAN-Miniport-2-yellow-exclamation-mark-in-Devic...