Support in other languages: 
MBK
Blue Screen Again
MBK

Help loading Outlook 2007

I have a laptop, X200 and had Lenovo pre-install MS Office 2007.  Outlook suddenly after about 9 months stop working.  There appears to be a problem with a pst file.  I called Lenovo and it appears that all the additional warranty including at home service only covers the hardware.  I had a hard time uninstalling Office and a hard time reinstalling.  Now it will not let me open Outlook.  Even after everything pertaining to Outlook was removed.  Lenovo is of zero help and MS told me they cannot help because the software was pre-installed by Lenovo.  This is the reason I dropped Dell.  Nobody wants to help and now I have a $4,000 door stop.  Do I have to re-format the entire computer just to get Outlook to be able to be reinstalled?  Please help.  Since Lenovo won’t, maybe someone out there can.

andyP
Topics: 180
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 632

Re: Help loading Outlook 2007

MBK, welcome to the forum,

I'm not the foremost expert with office, but a tool that has helped me on occasions is scanpst.exe which has solved similar problems in earlier versions of office. I've never had need to use it with office 2007, but it might help in your situation - :dunno: - but it may be worth a try. Please follow the advice offered in the following MS tip;

Scan and repair corrupted Outlook data files

Hope this helps

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

MBK
Blue Screen Again
MBK

I attempted to repair a file per the instructions using scanpst.exe.  a pop up message stated that I did not have permission to change this file.  My computer is a personal at home computer.  How do I obtain permission to fix this problem.  Lenovo refuses to assist even when i told them about this problem.  Help.

andyP
Topics: 180
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 632

Do you have admin rights on your system? Can you right click on scanpst.exe and select "run as admin"?

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

MBK
Blue Screen Again
MBK

for some reason I don't have admin rights on my own personal computer.

MBK
Blue Screen Again
MBK

[ Edited ]

After a long day of many calls to the Lenovo support center, and after learning that all the extra money spent on service only covers hardware, it took a Microsoft Tech to fix the problem.  I purchased a X200 with docking station and many extras.  I also paid extra for MS Office 2007.  Today Outlook stopped working.  Six phone calls to Lenovo resulted in them telling me that even though I purchased the software at the same time as the laptop and even though it came pre-installed and had a OEM number, Lenovo refused to assist me.  Microsoft stated that Lenovo has a contract with MS and Lenovo did not honor their part.  I had to pay $49 and after about 30 minutes, the problem was corrected.  I thought Dell (Hell) was the worst.  This was simply wrong.  Lenovo acted like BP and passed the blame and responsibility to someone else.  Thanks a lot.

JaneL

So what was the problem?  Did MS help you get admin access to Windows?

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!