01-03-2012 10:02 PM
01-11-2012 07:19 PM
I am writing to add a note to help anyone trying to do this.
I had been searching for help on this for hours and the Microsoft KB you referenced only gets you part way to the solution.
The problem on my T60 was the Group Policy Editor /Admin Templates did not show the System so I could not get to the "Turn off Autorun" item as referenced in the KB. I could not find the soulution anywhere on Microsoft or other help forums.
Good News! Here on the T400 forum this question was answered in 2008. The solution works great. My thanks to the contributor of the answer. Here is the text of the answer: I guess it would apply to any Thinkpad and others as well.
12-20-2008 12:58 AM
I had this same issue on my XP SP3 machine. This is how I resolved the issue:
1. Go to start run and type in gpedit.msc
2. Under computer configuration right click on the administrative templates
3. Click on add/remove templates
4. Click the add button
5. In the folder look for system.adm and double click on it
6. Verify that system is listed then click close.
Now you will see all the missing folders.
Hope this helps!