Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
Snailspace
Accepted Solution

Print Screen Button Doesn't Work

I have a Lenovo Notebook R61i.  The Print Screen Button does nothing.  How do I print screen on this computer?
Punch Card
knealeski

Re: Print Screen Button Doesn't Work

I'm not familiar with your product, but on my SL500, there's an Fn button on the lower left of the keyboard.  If I press that and the print screen (F6) button and then open my Windows Paint program (or any other image processing program, I suppose), I can "paste" the screen image and then edit to my liking and export as a jpg or bitmap or print on my printer.
Serial Port
Snailspace

Thank you so much for your response, knealeski, but it didn't work on my computer.  I appreciate so much, though, that you tried to help me. 

Best regards.

Serial Port
leah49

I believe you need a screen capture program up and running on your computer for the print screen button to work.  I've never tried the other option, which I have been told should work.
Serial Port
Snailspace

"I'm not familiar with your product, but on my SL500, there's an Fn button on the lower left of the keyboard.  If I press that and the print screen (F6) button and then open my Windows Paint program (or any other image processing program, I suppose), I can "paste" the screen image and then edit to my liking and export as a jpg or bitmap or print on my printer"

Hi Knealeski,

I just retried your suggested procedure for print screen, and it worked!  I pasted the screen capture into Word, and it did appear.  So, thank you for your help.  I don't know what I did wrong when I tried this earlier, but obviously I messed it up somehow.  Much appreciated!!

Serial Port
Snailspace

Thank you Leah for your response to my print screen problem.  It brought me back to the issue, which I had abandoned, and I am all set now.  Have a great day, and thanks for your time.