Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
emks1

Recovery Disks

Just a word of warning, beware of the Recovery Disks that were shipped with your lap top.  We ordered our computer with Windows Vista Ultimate and received several disks labeled "Recovery Disks".  When it became necessary to use the disks due to a virus, the disks loaded Windows XP.  Lenovo says this is normal.  The disks were only labeled "Recovery Disk 1,2,3 etc. Nothing saying XP OR Vista.  The support department says that since my lap top is out of warranty, too bad.  I have never bought a computer that came with recovery disks that were not for the programs you purchased.  I have never dealt with a company so arragant and not willing to help.

Roy Smith

Punch Card
kpscooty

Re: Recovery Disks

what happened to rescue and recovery boot option?..the virus shouldnt have wiped that out. Start computer and fress F1 or the lenovo care button. Or escape depending on your model.
SL400 2743CTO 2GB RAM. Core 2 Duo T5870 2.0GHz HITACHI 160GB 5400rpm
Retired Moderator
carbon_unit

Re: Recovery Disks

Unfortunately the recovery discs are not marked very clearly but if you look close you will see "XPP" denoting XP Pro.

The way those machines were sent out required you to make your own Vista recovery discs and they supplied XP downgrade discs in the box. 

Registered Linux User #160145

FYI: I am not employed by Lenovo