Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SCSI Port
krishnajames
Accepted Solution

Rescue and recovery not working

I wiped my hard drive and installed Ubuntu. Now I need Vista back to use some testing software for my state bar exam. Rescue and Recovery discs as well as f11 system restore keep giving me a startup error. Is Vista gone for good? Lenovo wants to charge me $45 to send discs that will work. Can get an an .iso for this version (Vista Business 64 SP1, I think) somewhere and use my product activation key on the bottom of the PC? I don't have time to search the forums and i'm not really an expert. Please help.

topmahof
Topics: 37
Kudos: 374
Solutions: 241

Re: Rescue and recovery not working

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/04/29/windows-vista-with-sp2-rtm-slipstreamedintegrated-dvd-iso-i...

something here should work for you.

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
topmahof
Topics: 37
Kudos: 374
Solutions: 241

don't put the key in when it says to.  wait until vista is loaded. then reboot. then go to control panel, system and at the bottom put the key in.  you might have to call M$ to get it activated but that only takes 10 min.

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
SCSI Port
krishnajames

I know this is really old but I just wanted to come back and say thank you for putting up some answers. I appreciate all people who post solutions at this forum. The solution I used was to reload XP (which I like much more than Vista) and forgo my Vista install. I will probably use XP it forever if I can. Thanks!