Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
midnightvisions

T60 soundmax built in microphone records all the time, again! Vista

[ Edited ]

When using Audacity 1.2.6 and source set to "stereo mix", the soundmax drivers are again constantly mixing the microphone into the streaming audio, or other sound playback, such as VLC playing an .mp3 file.

When using Audacity 1.3.13 there is no "stereo mix" option to choose from, and again microphone is always recording when recording streaming media or other sound playback.

Using microsoft update this last week, for some reason microsoft has removed the 2009 update which corrected this problem.  Microsoft update says the 2007 drivers are now the latest soundmax drivers for my computer, and has changed them back.

I can't roll back or forward to the 2009 update.  I did not do any manual changes, all updates from microsoft are set to automatic.

Audacity only uses the system drivers, this is not their programs fault, this is a driver fault between vista and soundmax

please fix ASAP as my compute is now useless to me until its fixed!

BTW turning on stereo mix from Vista did not fix the probem, the microphone records even under selecting the input to CD.   If I mute the microphone, then there is no sound input under any input setting.

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: T60 soundmax built in microphone records all the time, again! Vista

hey midnightvisions,

uninstall the current audio drivers that you have. let windows install its generic drivers.

then test with audacity and see if you're able to use it as how it should be.

later on, visit http://support.lenovo.com and update your audio drivers accordingly

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.