Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
quicksilver2
Accepted Solution

Vista Reinstall on T400

Hello,

I have a 3 1/2 year old T400 that had become very unhappy and the drive was full, so I bought a new 300 gb drive from Lenovo and decided to do a clean install.  I do NOT have the disks that came with the machine when I bought it (except for the Office 2007 disks), so when I installed Vista, I have none of the Lenovo stuff I am used to, and whats worse, I can not connect to the internet.  I assume I do not have the drivers installed, etc.

I can't be the only person that's ever had this issue and I wonder if someone can point me in the direction to download the stuff I need, burn it to a DVD and instal it that way.

Thanks very much

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Re: Vista Reinstall on T400

[ Edited ]

Hello and welcome,

There probably weren't any disks with the machine when you bought it - if you got it new.

You burn your own factory recovery media set using Rescue and Recovery.  You could reinstall your old drive and do that.  That would give you a full factory image.

Otherwise, grab the appropriate wifi driver or wired NIC driver (I'm a bit surprised even Vista doesn't have a built in driver) and install that.  Then get on the interwebs and install ThinkVantage System Update. Run it, and it will pull down the appropriate drivers and apps for your machine.

Drivers and software - ThinkPad T400

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog