Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
quadcomm

Re: Vista with XP Downgrade and no recovery discs - how do I create recovery discs?

[ Edited ]

===============

Update: Mark from Lenovo solved the problem for me in a timely manner. Thank you!

===============

This is exactly what I ordered on the lenovo.com website:

"Genuine Windows Vista Business with Windows XP Professional Downgrade and Vista Recovery media US English"

Upon receiving my T500 order in September 2008, there was no sign of Vista software or discs anywhere. The laptop only came pre-loaded with XP, that's it. The laptop does have a Vista-compatible sticker on it with a Vista serial number. 

I tried the recovery method to create Vista discs but all I got was XP. Vista is still missing.

I called Lenevo and spent a fair amount of time explaining the problem. This was on two or three separate occasions with different agents. They finally claimed that I ordered XP with no Vista option at all. They sent me an invoice in July 2009 indicating that XP was the only Operating System I ordered.

See the picture below. The Before picture on the left is my order page on Lenovo's website. The After picture is the invoice that a Lenovo agent recently sent me, claiming that I never ordered Vista. I have nothing against Lenevo, but see the discrepancy for yourself: 

http://dieselinside.com/misc/lenevo_discrepancy.png

I e-mailed Lenevo the above image and I have not heard from them for 3 weeks.

I ordered my laptop almost 1 year ago and my patience is wearing thin. Lenovo still needs to filfull my order by sending me Vista recovery discs. I hope a Lenovo agent will approach me and make this a less difficult experience for me. Please.

Thank you,

Mark

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 412
Kudos: 1,335
Solutions: 288

Re: Vista with XP Downgrade and no recovery discs - how do I create recovery discs?

Quadcomm,

Can you send me a PM with your contact information?   I'm looking into the situation, and would like to help.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
quadcomm

I appreciate it, Mark. However, I cannot find your PM button and the Contact information in your Profile is blank.

Mark 

andyP
Topics: 163
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

Click on Mark's member name, the red Mark_Lenovo and you should see on the right side near the top "send this user a private message"

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
quadcomm

Thanks, Mark's contact info has the PM link this time. PM sent.

Cheers,

Mark 

Blue Screen Again
merovigiam

I dont have the recovery disc to vista anymore. but i want and i need it so much!!!

I saw the sollution but i didnt called yet. Some time ago, i talked to lenovo support from my country (brazil) and they said that they dont send that, neither paying for it, and that i will have to contact one of his sellers to ask them to sell me one of these disks (the recovery disk). 
BUT, as the sollution says, its for free, to any country?

I have an X301 2776-TJP

Paper Tape
RepleX_TA

Greetings everyone!

I have SL500 notebook, downgraded from Vista Buisness to XP Pro without creating backup DVDs.

I just bought Windows Vista Buisness SP2. Is it possible to separately download and combine all the necessary programs with the purchased version, to create original Lenovo Vista recovery DVD?

Paper Tape
svennssonn_pol

Hi everybody, i have a question:

I have a ThinkPad R61 that i bought a year ago. I downgraded it to XP, but now i want to make it Vista back. I have only the 3 "Microsoft Windows XP Conversion Kit" which i found in the box with my laptop, and i didn't make any "Windows Vista Product Recovery" discs dowgrading. Is it possible for me to get back to Vista? Or do i need some additional discs from Lenovo?

Please, somebody help me.

Olek.