Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
LukeD

WINDOWS 7 DEMO

Here is a sneak peak at Windows 7.

MacBook Pro, with an aluminum unibody enclosure **As of September 15, 2008, our company has completely switched to Apple. Having used ThinkPad products for over 10 years, we had desperately tried to find just one reason to continue using these products, to no avail. We are of the view that ThinkPads are no longer premium products. We wish you the best of luck with your ThinkPad! Happy computing…**
Token Ring
LukeD

Re: WINDOWS 7 DEMO

Vista gets dissed by Gates and Ballmer.

MacBook Pro, with an aluminum unibody enclosure **As of September 15, 2008, our company has completely switched to Apple. Having used ThinkPad products for over 10 years, we had desperately tried to find just one reason to continue using these products, to no avail. We are of the view that ThinkPads are no longer premium products. We wish you the best of luck with your ThinkPad! Happy computing…**
Token Ring
LukeD

Michael Dell hates Vista too.

Serial Port
Julie

Great links!

Thanks, Luke!

:smileyhappy:
T61 - X300 - D10
Punch Card
KieranN

That explains a lot!

...and the author of this post asks, "why is everyone nagging on Vista".

Gates is doing it himself!

Serial Port
Julie

Such informative interviews... very helpful to Lenovo customers!

T61 - X300 - D10
Punch Card
TrishaK

Oh boy, that Windows 7 preview does not make me feel optimistic. It looks like it will be a slapped together OS, with cool features that just do not work!

Lenovo should make their own OS, "ThinkPad XP"!

Punch Card
TrishaK

Re: What's with everyone ragging on Vista?

Tim,

Here is the perfect answer to your question.

You, Lenovo, currently advertise the X300 as "the best PC laptop ever made", which is courtesy of the following article.

Well, to quote that exact same article:

"Lenovo with Vista is like buying a Ferrari with square tires".

That is why, "everyone is ragging on Vista".

:smileyhappy:
Paper Tape
Jessica

It is good to know that Windows 7 will be compatible with Vista machines, which makes buying a ThinkPad now one heck of an amazing deal!
Paper Tape
lnxml

Re: What's with everyone ragging on Vista?

Viewing Vista side by side with Office 2007, it's hard to avoid the feeling Microsoft isn't doing tricks like the supermarkets do when they change the store around. I think they are trying to make their previous versions look dated artificially, when deep down these new products are only current iterations of old rope, and introduce a new market standard to be followed and "rejuvenation" of sales of other software in the new style.
Vista is quite interesting, but behaves very strangely with regard to booting prefetch and user permissions. It may boot within a minute but it is more like 5 before you can do anything useful with it. I am baffled at messages such as "You do not have permission to save to your perfectly sensible location. Would you like to save to My Toybox instead?" Why do I have to change default permissions on my own computer- Is there anyone better to own folders than the only person who ever logs in as admin??
I recommend a book on fixing it called "Windows Vista Annoyances". It is the only windows book I have ever felt the need to read after 10 years with it, but this begs the question "Why do I feel I have to wrestle this computer with my bare hands?"
Is this progress? Or just marketing progress?