Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
WaltSherrill

Windows upgrade failure due to power outage - looping in Step 3, 0%

The "subject" pretty much describes it.  I've tried a lot of things, and using the OPERA browser am also looking a the Microsoft site. 

We were out of town yesterday, and our power apparently went out  just about the time  the software says DON'T TURN OFF THE POWER. This was a very current (updated) version of Vista.   As noted above, it was preparing to configure the update, step 3 of 3,  andits says it's 0% complete. It just runs for a while, then powers  down and reboots

The laptop system, using the Lenovo Caresystem, won't recover to the last good configuration, and everything else I've tried, thus far,hasn't worked. I'm still exploring at the Lenovo site from the laptop, using the Opera Browser.

(I cranked up another, more powerful desktop that I had been messing with, and all of my important files but a few recent emails were backed up. I'm posting here from that system.

I had  made backup disks  (1-9, and A and B) sometime back, but the system doesn't seem to want them or recognize them.  It asks for the last disk, and I tried both 9, A, B, and 1, and they don't work.

What  should I try, netxt?

RMattoo
Topics: 3
Kudos: 94
Solutions: 91

Re: Windows upgrade failure due to power outage - looping in Step 3, 0%

Hi

Welcome to Lenovo Community

It seems the last disk which is required for recovery to complete is corroupt

I think you need to do a fresh installation then install all the latest updates

Hope This Helps
Cheers!!!