Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
billrowe

printer offline

I plugged in a USB to serial cord to connect my t61 to my laserjet 4000.  Drivers were found by the t61 and installed, but now the printer is listed as "offline."  I have restarted with the cord connected, to no avail.  Any ideas?
Agotthelf
Topics: 137
Kudos: 241
Solutions: 182

Re: printer offline

The USB to serial interface connection is rather faulty and the possibility is great, that the device isn´t recognised

as it should be and therefore isn´t working as expected if at all. In your case it´s "offline".

The problem is the old printer. I would get a new one or use it with a desktop which have a serial interface.

There´s nothing much to do.

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Retired Moderator
carbon_unit

Did you try unchecking the "Use printer offline" box?

Registered Linux User #160145

FYI: I am not employed by Lenovo
802.11n
Xeogin

It sounds like you're having a driver issue. Uninstall the printer, and then remove it from the USB port, try running any software you have for installing it's drivers, then plug in the printer when it tells you. Printers can be quite fussy unfortunately.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Just passed the CompTIA A+ 601 with flying colours! =D
Owner of an SL500 running Vista Business with 4GB of PC2 6400 RAM