Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
josh

wakeup issues from hibernation with vista

my system was recently reimaged and since i have received it back it has frozen every time it goes into sleep mode. i have updated the drivers/sp1, etc. with no luck. please assist! (since the techs at microsoft say it is a lenovo issue and lenovo has been worse than useless)

josh

What's DOS?
daune_jf

Re: wakeup issues from hibernation with vista

I have exactly the same issue with a M57p (http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/message?board.id=A_Series_Thinkcentre&thread.id=990)

I bought Lenovo for (supposed) quality, and I hope I will not be disappointed.

J-F 

Token Ring

[ Edited ]

Welcome

josh, what flavor of Lenovo are you using? When you say freezes out of the sleep mode, exactly whendoes it freeze up?

I found this info on the Lenovo website but unsure if will help. Listing the full model numbers is a good idea.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=SF08-D0025

Message Edited by T23FUN on 08-20-2008 07:04 PM
ThinkPad T23, 2647 HU8, Based on 2647-8RU: PIII-M 1.20GHz (512KB), 512MB RAM, 40.0GB HDD, 14.1 XGA(1024x768) TFT LCD, 8x8x24x/8x CDRW/DVD, Modem(MPCI), Ethernet(CDC), WinXP Home, Linksys Wireless B adapter.
What's DOS?
josh

so after some fiddling around it seems there was a motherboard issue. the RAM plug and play was not working so switched to the other and good to go. of course now i need a new motherboard...
What's DOS?
daune_jf

Do you know how could I establish that I have the same problem?

J-F

802.11n
Xeogin

It could be that your BIOS is set to Hibernate (S4) instead of Sleep (S3) and that's causing conflict and the crashing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently Just passed the CompTIA A+ 601 with flying colours! =D
Owner of an SL500 running Vista Business with 4GB of PC2 6400 RAM