Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
shuozhifenxi

2 questions about my X201 tablet

Hi everyone

I have just gotten my x201 tablet, and have 2 questions.

1. The screen has one dead pixel, is that common for x201t?

2. I found neither the pen nor the touch screen is accurate. And because you can not see the cursor before you touch the screen, it's hard to catch a button or a menu item by touching. I need to try several times to get it even after calibration. Is it common for you?

Thank you for your reply.

Blue Screen Again
thcomb

Re: 2 questions about my X201 tablet

[ Edited ]

My screen doesn't have any dead pixels, so I want to say that isn't normal, and I would try to get it exchanged.

Calibration isn't perfect on any tablet, but when calibrating you need to try to calibrate it with the screen oriented how you will use it in tablet mode, and calibrate with the screen at whatever angle you will typically use it in. Typically the screen is the most accurate in the center and the least accurate along the edges.

I've also read that it will never be better than how it was from the factory, so I just reset mine and have adapted how I write to the factory calibration. After a week or two you don't even notice if the stylus matches up perfectly on screen.

But then again, if your screen is messed up, you might have a bigger calibration problem than what is normal.

EDIT: My x201 doesn't have multitouch, so you should wait and let others chime in regarding multitouch calibration.