Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Fakeer

Re: Air Bubble In LCD Screen X61 Tablet

[ Edited ]

@eitima

pictures would help but for reference you can look at the picture links that i posted in previous posts (yes they are now working again). you can try to go here to look at some documentation of my case.

regarding your speculations, there's normally no state change. if any of the 7 layers separate at the edge air will get into the gap no question. once created, the bubble will travel based on pressure variation and not by gravity (since it's an air bubble not a liquid bubble). normally the bubble won't travel so quickly. to make it move just work in the sun for some time. also note that the edge of the lcd is under the bezel and is not visible without dismantling the panel.

the place of origin in your case sounds about right. the bottom right corner gets the hottest while operational on an X61 and that's where the edge sealant is likely to give way first.

Fanfold Paper
eitima

[ Edited ]

I uploaded the picture of my case as reference. You can see it following the link. The picture quality is not good but no problem to see it. Also, I will check how it moves.

http://picasaweb.google.com/115603964930092567461/BubbleInX61t08062010#5502308956360077218

Punch Card
Fakeer

[ Edited ]

I can tell you with utmost certainty that yours is also a case of layer separation. It's just all too familiar. It is guaranteed to move / change shape. Work on that and it will leave no doubt. As you may have seen my case looked very similar.

I can also tell you that if you send this to tech support they will put a little sticker on it and call it a 'stress fracture'.

Punch Card
Shen

Folks, is this problem solved? Unfortunately I am currently running into the same problems now. And the technician does not really want to help me fix it even though it is still under warranty (I do have the additional accident protection). The bubble is really annoying! This level of technical support is not acceptable. Could the lenovo support on this forum reply  to me and help me fix this problem? Many many thanks!

Punch Card
Fakeer

Shen wrote:

Folks, is this problem solved?

I guess 'solved' would be a strange resolutoin to this problem. You need to esclate the hell out of this to get anywhere. If you haven't read the above posts in detail you need to get to the 'customer relations manager'. The best I can recollect is that his name was Greg. Maybe our friendly neighborhood moderator here can help. Let us know how it goes.

Punch Card
Shen

All right. I will try my luck to see. For my case, it's really really annoying. I will let our folks know the updates.

Moderators: please please help!

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Shen,

Please send me a private message with your contact information - name, address, phone, your system model type and serial #, and your current service case number that you are having trouble with.

I'm sure we can lend a hand.

I think we have to look at these case by case - obviously we had one back in Nov, and it's interesting that we've seen several more members share their experiences 8-9 months later.   Have these just occured over time, or have they been like this for a while?

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
eitima

[ Edited ]

To: Fakeer

I had another bubble that came from the same bottom side. I think that you are right. Based on where it comes again, it seems that there happened some separation of layers you figured out. It is not bothering much at this point, but I expect more bubbles will come up from the bottom side and they will finally get on my nerves. Anyway, I'll keep the updates about these bubbles. You can see it with the following link.

http://picasaweb.google.com/115603964930092567461/BubbleInX61t08062010#5506581458706065938

To: Mark_Lenovo

I'm wondering if I can get help from you about this. It would be great if I understand what to do with this issue by communicating with you. I'm looking forward to seeing your reply. Thanks.

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

eitima,

I saw your recent PM and will respond.  Generically, if you are in warranty and experience this symptom, please contact service.   I'm interested in seeing another example of this - I have one we are looking at now, and there was another from this thread already in the depot.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
Fakeer

Bingo. Like I said there's no question about what it is or why it happened. And 'user abuse' is clearly not one of the reasons. If the morons in management are still bouncing this around you'll be without a laptop for a while. Just don't accept it back until it is fixed. Get a Toshiba in the meantime.