Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
IBMx61user

Re: Air Bubble In LCD Screen X61 Tablet

Very similar. Have two bubbles. The first one started about a month ago from two little ones and now merged into a large one about the size of a bean. Today, I see another buddle at the Task Bar location. I started to Google it using X61 and bublle. The message shows on the first line.
Punch Card
IvanAndreevich

So did anyone get their bubbles fixed under warranty?

I've seen a large number of X60/X61 tablets but never one with a bubble. Should be the reason for your troubles - must be a pretty rare issue.

Owned Thinkpads: X300 X201T X200,T X61,s,T,T+ X60,s,T,T+ X41 X40 X31 T510 T500 T410 T400 T400s T61,p T60,p T43 T42 T41,p T40 W500 W700. To do list: X301 X220 X220T X201 X201s X200s X201i T420s T410s T420 T520 W510 W701 :smileyhappy:
Retired Employee
JameZ

@geoster,

If the machine is out of warranty then you would need to purchase the part via Lenovo HMM for X61t.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/product.do?brandind=10&template=%2Fproductselection%2Flan...

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Punch Card
andyasselin

[ Edited ]

Hi has any one manged to get this fix out warrenty?  I love my x61 Tablet But this issues just show up litlte  bubble above the  swivel it bug the hell out of me  :smileyembarrassed:   got the ibm x61t cause has great tech support they stand behind it I hope they do for issues

even out of warrenty

Heck we even Ibm parnter and have done some larger install use they desktop cause they warrteny and services they provide

I am not even rough on my Laptop hardly leave my desk and used the pen it seem like top layer screen if fine but it under that?????

X61T  high res screen touch with pen only not multi touch

Sku is 7762-95U

Serail Number is xxxxxxx

Moderator Note; s/n edited for members own protection

Paper Tape
mrgreen

I've also had a bubble appear, down the bottom of my screen on an SXGA+ lenovo tablet.

I have used it in tablet mode, however I have not applied force to the screen: I have used the navigation buttons on the bezel to view pdfs in tablet mode, portrait, to read texts.

By viewing it at an angle, it has become clear to me that the bubble itself appears to be above the actual screen, which leads me to believe this is a manufacturing error(?).

I was wondering if anyone could assist me with removing the bezel of the laptop (I can't seem to get the screw covers off?), so I can try reapplying the top layer, or forcing the AIR out?

I don't know about the warranty status of my laptop, and given my location I expect it would require international shipping, so frankly I don't much care.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@mrgreen,

You may check the laptop warranty via link below.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=SITE-WARNTY

As for service, contact the service centers and they would be able to advice the one nearest to your location.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Paper Tape
mrgreen

[ Edited ]

It shows up with no warranty information so I suppose it's not in warranty. It's an 08/09 machine according to the SN.

Is there a protective layer (plastic) that can be replaced on the LCD? I'd assume their is, since it's designed to be written on?

I'm looking at buying a new screen, but the SXGA+ is a fairly rare and expensive screen.

As another aside, is there a special technique to removing the screw covers on the bezel of the screen? I can't seem to get them off, as I was going to take a look at the screen with it removed.

edit:: I managed to get them off, and attempted to remove the bezel to try and force the air (?) out. I was unable to as one of the screws is too hard to get out (and I have bruised my hands undoing the others). I'll try again another time.

Fanfold Paper
rbgorbet

[ Edited ]

Just to add to the list...

I noticed the first bubble appear in my X61t screen a few months ago.  Since then it has migrated slowly up and to the right, and 2 more bubbles have appeared, the most recent just last week.  They are about 4" from the right bezel, and appear out of the bottom bezel.  My machine is out of warrantee, and I'm about to replace the fan/heatsink in it myself.  Perhaps I will also do the screen.  Anyone know which parts I would need from the FRU list:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-67024

Here is my photo:

http://kingcong.uwaterloo.ca/~rbgorbet/bubbles.jpg

Rob.

Maliha

Hi Rob,

What is the 7 character product number of your X61t? It looks like 2668-KHU and can be found on the back sticker.

Keep us informed.

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Fanfold Paper
rbgorbet

[ Edited ]

It's 7767-A4U

I'm not sure what "keep us informed" means.  Is someone interested in the progress of my bubbles, even if the machine is not under warrantee?

Actually, now that I look down at them (they're in front of my taskbar so I don't always pay too much attention to them), there are 4 today!

Rob.