Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
JohnChasnoff

Battery Issues

I have had an X201 tablet for about 2 and a half years. My battery capacity is now 64%.The condition of the battery is good.  I have noticed that I am running out of charge quickly, but have also had charging problems. While charging my battery strength will plateau for a considerable period. Yesterday it took over 12 hours to charge fully. At one point my low battery warning light came on while charging and showing 93% battery charge. I just updated my BIOS. Will that solve the charging issues? Is it now time to get a new battery to solve all these problems, or to solve the remaining issues if the BIOS update solved some of them?

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Battery Issues

The BIOS update should resolve the issue, you may check Battery in Power Manager and find the battery condition.

1.JPG

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
JohnChasnoff

Thank you for your helpful response. I still have a question: Before I did the BIOs upgrade, my Battery Info had a category for capacity that said 64%. I don't see that now but I'm pretty sure that was not my percentage of remaining charge. I thought it meant my battery's capacity to hold a charge. Is that correct? At any rate, currently it says my battery condition is good. Does that mean I do not need to replace it and it is as good or almost as good as when it was new?

Paper Tape
JohnChasnoff

I went back to my battery information today. The laptop has been charging for about 4 hours and is only 74% charged. The time remaining info keeps fluctuating wildly from 2 hours to 15 hours to 40 hours etc. Shutting down and restarting does not seem to fix anything. Help!!