Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
harungokce

BlueScreeen error when installing Vista

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I bought new X61 Tablet before 1 mouth. But i must sended to warranty. First time i got blue screen error and i wanted install Vista.. So when i installed vista, i lived same problem again... After i callled IBM sale company and after they got this computer from me. After one week IBM Sale Company sended same computer but they told me `we changed harddisk` I got same computer and i tried to computer.. First 10min. i didnt live any problem but i loaded Safari and iTunes software after i saw blue screen.. After that im living same problem everyday... So i wanted install Vista again but when it was copying, they gave same blue screen.. i getting bored... How can you help me.. Thanks

BlueScreen Message:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

if this is the first time you`ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps:

check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.

if this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

if problems continue, disable or remove ans newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select safe mode.

technical information:

*** STOP : 0x0000003B (0x00000000C0000005,0xFFFFF8000A4E08B6,0xFFFFFA6003B74BE0,0x0000000000000000)

Message Edited by harungokce on 11-16-2008 08:52 PM
Lenovo Staff
Soap

Re: BlueScreeen error when installing Vista

If you have a CD drive that you can boot from, I would strongly recommend that you use PC Doctor and run a Normal test.  I suspect that the hard drive, or hard drive controller is going bad.

DOS PC Doctor:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-67910

You can also try our new Hard Drive test:

Lenovo Hard Drive Test:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/license.do?filename=thinkcentre_drivers/hddquicktest_setu...