Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
andyalford

Bluetooth Stereo Audio (A2DP) in Vista - half volume of XP and loud pops & clicks

I have been playing music through Bluetooth A2DP with my old laptop under Win XP for some time, and enjoy not having the wires whilst getting audiophile sound thru amp & speakers. 

With my new Lenovo X200T and Vista Bus64, the volume is half what it was in Win XP, and in quiet moments between tracks or when selecting songs I get loud pops and clicks - enough to make me fear for my speakers!

I have the levels up full on Windows Media Player, and in the Mixer.

The driver is the latest - "Bluetooth Stereo Audio" by Broadcom, 25-Aug-08, ver 6.1.0.5100.

(I am using a Sony Ericsson HBH-DS220 to receive the music and connect through a mini-jack to the amplifier.)

Has anyone any ideas?  Thanks! Andy

Ctrl-Alt-Del
andyalford

Re: Bluetooth Stereo Audio (A2DP) in Vista - half volume of XP and loud pops & clicks

I tried uninstalling the Broadcom drivers and installing BlueSoleil 6 - with absolutely no success.  So I have no idea what to try next...

Ctrl-Alt-Del
andyalford

Re: Bluetooth Stereo Audio (A2DP) in Vista - half volume of XP and loud pops & clicks

And then I tried listening on headphones.  Pulled out the old faithful "Suzanne Vega" for a sound check.  The sound quality on Bluetooth Stereo Audio is well below par.  Crackles on the high frequencies, and still way to quiet for convenient listening on headphones.  I cannot imagine watching a movie on a plane with this level of sound.

Lenovo - what have you got to say to this?  Broadcom say I have to get Technical Support from you, and will not answer my emails.

Paper Tape
s10th

[ Edited ]

Hello!

I've the same problem.

I owe x200 (Vista Business 32) and Yamaha RX-V663 with YBA-10 Bluetooth receiver.

The sound is awful (still whistle on high tones - something like jitter problem at all the time)!!! 

When I connected my Nokia e51 to the audio system, there was no noise and  similar problems!

Lenovo - I think it is unacceptable situaton.

I also have tried on VMware virtual machines Windows 7 beta and Windows XP pro. Same effect. It's unusable (except for headache generation). 

Message Edited by s10th on 06-30-2009 07:42 PM