Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
Peluche

Re: New version 6.2.1.2900

I exactly tried what pattern suggested, but I always get the same error message during installation. (Error 1935...) I can't believe it that there are such problems with Lenovo Thinkpads!
Retired Employee
JameZ

@Peluche,

This issue has been brought up to engineering previously and they created a script which uninstalls and re-install again however they were unable to replicate it.

Also could you let me know the system which you are using as well? I've tried this on my own T410 running Win 7 Enterprise however am unable to replicate the problem too.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Paper Tape
Peluche

[ Edited ]

Hi JameZ, I am running a T410 with Win7 Enterprise German. The current driver I have installed is 6.2.1.1400 and I want to upgrade to version 6.2.1.2900. This is the exact error I get during the installation.

Produkt: ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software -- Fehler 1935. Während der Installation der Assembly "policy.8.0.Microsoft.VC80.ATL,type="win32-policy",version="8.0.50727.42",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86"" ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Weitere Informationen finden Sie unter Hilfe und Support. HRESULT: 0x800736FD, Assemblyschnittstelle: IAssemblyCacheItem, Funktion: Commit, Komponente: {66332652-9C28-58B1-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}.

The reason why I tried to update the driver was that my Thinkpad Bluetooth Laser mouse did not work properly and my assumption was it is the bluetooth driver because on my private Macbook the mouse works great.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@Peluche,

If you are running Win 7 Enterprise, I assume the laptop has been imaged with a company image OS rather than the default one. There could be a software conflict which might cause this error.

In another note, I myself am running a Win 7 Enterprise version of Windows however it is a Lenovo internal deployment OS. As checked I do have the latest Bluetooth Broadcom driver via running TVSU.

Have you tried running TVSU to install the Bluetooth driver?

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Paper Tape
Peluche

Hi JameZ, according to my TVSU there is no bluetooth driver to update. In my system peferences I can see that version 6.2.1.1400 is installed. I have to say that i love the quality of the Lenovo hardware, but I am a little bit disappointed of the software. This is a business notebook where everything should work and I should not be stuck in an "update hell" where i loose hours of productive time. Thanks for you help, but I think I will buy myself a Logitec mouse where I don't need bluetooth any more.
What's DOS?
espns

Well guys i recently had the same error and have SUCCESSFULLY FIXED MY BT without ANY DELETIONS

This solution worked for me

To Perform a SFC Scan -

a.     Click Start, click  All Programs, click  Accessories, right-click  Command Prompt, and then click  Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click  Allow

b.     Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow 

A message will appear stating that 'The system scan will begin'. Be patient because the scan may take some time

c.      If any files require a replace SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Win7 DVD for this process to continue

d.     If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations" 

e.     After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.

Check the below mentioned link for further guidance on SFC scan -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

After this uninstall BT For Lenovo ANd Then Restart your pc

After that install reinstall BlueTooth For Lenovo Version 6

Thats it then it ll connect to phones :smileyhappy:

Paper Tape
at6459

Please see my post here to see if this might resolve your issues.  I have never tried the SFC technique.

http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/T61-and-prior-T-series-ThinkPad/Bluetooth-update-killed-my-Windows-7/m-p/...