Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
ConiKost
Accepted Solution

Can't use Fingerprint Reader from Bios-Boot

Hi!
I installed Vista Ultimate x64 on my Lenovo X200 Tablet.
But there is a strange problem with the fingerprint reader. In Windows, the fpr works fine.
But i also want to use it from the bios. So that i don't have to enter a password.

So i enabled this features in the fingerprint software under windows and added some fingerprints for startup.
But it do not work. The X200 is from booting up only aksing for password! No message about fingerprint.
In Bios, predesktop authentification is enabled.

Is there anything i could do?

Lenovo X200 Tablet [7450-EQG]
andyP
Topics: 182
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 631

Re: Can't use Fingerprint Reader from Bios-Boot

ConiKost, welcome to the forum,

have you created BIOS passwords? If I remember rightly, haven't done it for a while, after changing the settings in FP SW you need to shut the system down, not restart, then turn it on again. You will then be required to enter the BIOS passwords and fingerprint in order that they can be associated with each other at the BIOS level.

Hope this helps

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Punch Card
ConiKost

[ Edited ]

Hi Andy!

I tried your solution, but it didn't help :smileysad:

There is still no fpr before windows :smileysad:

Conrad

Message Edited by ConiKost on 12-24-2008 01:26 AM
Punch Card
ConiKost

Nobody an Idea? :smileysad:
Punch Card
ConiKost

The x64 Version of F´ingerprint Reader is unable to set this. If I installa a 32-Bit Version and 32-Bit Version of Fingerprint Reader. i am able to get the FPR working from Bios.

So Problem solved :smileyvery-happy: 

Punch Card
kreischweide

Is there any Solution for an x64 system available? Getting the same problem after disabling the bios password after the bios upgrade to 3.0 with the not-booting-problem. Since then i cant enable Fingerprint boot.

Paper Tape
CParish

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same problem with the Vista X64.  I was going to try to install the 32-bit version of the fingerprint software, but it refuses to install on a 64-bit system.  I spent the last two days on the phone with Lenovo, and after elevating my case to engineering, they were still unable to help me.  The best thing they could do is tell me to reinstall windows.  In fact, they said they have never heard of this problem before.  I guess nobody reads the forums. 

I would have thought there would at least be some sort of firmware update for the fingerprint reader like there has been in the past.  In fact, it appears the fingerprint reader uses USB as it's interface.  I wonder if it is something with the BIOS recognizing USB devices at startup... If anybody has a solution, it would be great to hear.

X200t 7448CTO

BIOS 3.06

EDIT: I installed a 32-bit version of vista on a spare hard disk with the 32-bit version of the fingerprint reader software, and behold it worked without a problem.  Not exactly an ideal solution, but it works... now it would be much easier if Lenovo just fixed it.

Message Edited by CParish on 08-01-2009 10:26 PM
Community SuperMod
bananaman

Can't use Fingerprint Reader from Bios-Boot