Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
nbx909
Accepted Solution

Clean install of windows 7 ultimate

I got a x220t with windows 7 home premium and I am going to do a clean install of windows 7 ultimate from a site liceanse I have through my university. Is there anything I need to be careful of during install? Also where do I get the drivers from? 

Fanfold Paper
KDewd

Re: Clean install of windows 7 ultimate

It should be a fairly painless process. Make sure everything is backed up of course when you reinstall, but the Win7 installation is straight forward. You can grab drivers from the lenovo support site: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/default.page?

topmahof
Topics: 36
Kudos: 328
Solutions: 223

KDewd is right, it should be fairly easy.  You can also go to your C: drive and look for a folder called Drivers and copy it to a flash drive.  There should also be drivers in the folder called swtools. Copy them to a flash drive and after you install 7 ult. copy them back to the c: drive.  Then update your drivers manually through device manager.

Dave

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
Punch Card
nbx909

So I got everything installed except for the little utility that would allow me to adjust sound, brightness and ect from a single menu that used to reside on the task bar. Anyone know what that is called and where to get it or enable it?

topmahof

hmm, that doesn't sound like a native windows 7 app.  That sounds like something that would have been in the Lenovo preload.  I don't have anything like that in any of my clean 7 installs. If you can't find it, the only other app that will do all that is the hotkeys utility. But that isn't going to give you a single app on the taskbar to do everything.

Maybe somebody will pop in here and say what that is.

Dave

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
Punch Card
nbx909

Yeah I think it's a lenovo app, I was hoping to find it and install it.

topmahof

I put the question out to the experts.  If nobody jumps in here with an answer, maybe somebody will respond to my question.

Dave

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

[ Edited ]

It sounds like Lenovo SimpleTap

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-73614

edit: only the preload can install it into the taskbar automatically.  To get it in the taskbar now, after you install it find SimpleTap in the start menu, right-click, and pin to taskbar

Punch Card
nbx909

Thanks! That was it.