Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
ghostwind
Accepted Solution

Corrupt video on x200 tablet

Hi guys,

it is my first post on the forums about a laptop problem, so here it goes. Ever since I upgraded to windows 7 (clean install), I have been experiencing corrupt video on the desktop, and most applications that I use. Sometimes it is only a little bit of the screen, sometimes it has been a majority of the screen (usually when using office applications). What is really interesting is that the problem has become significantly worse since I updated to the latest graphics driver for my machine. Several causes have been suggested to me for this problem, ranging from being an OS issue to a bad display (ruled out by hooking the lappy up to an external monitor) to the more plausible bad ram problem because my laptop uses shared memory (gm950, I believe). I have run the lenovo system toolbox on my memory, but no problems were found.

has anyone else run into this problem? Any advice would really be appreciated. I love my lappy, with the exception of this problem

Screen shot

Paper Tape
sovatha

Display problem on my Lenovo X200 tablet

Hello,

My laptop model is 7449-F9U and m using Windows 7 (64bit).

My display requently go partialy scambled (Picture here ) and usually turn to normal after refesh.

What could be the problem of this? How to solve it?

PS: I am using the latest driver from Lenovo site.

Thanks in advance for advise.

Sovatha

Paper Tape
X301ThinkPad

Re: Corrupt video on xx tablet

Hi...

I have the same problem...went with Windows 7 Ultimate on my X301, shortly after the clean install my screen would distort anytime I played the OS games or used the Media center Application.  Office 2007 would sometimes generate the problem as well.  I know it is not may laptop as I have run XP Pro, Vista Business with out any issue.  What we are experiencing is a bug or driver problem that others have as well.  I have put XP back on my system and have been checking for driver updates ...none so far.  A Google search shows folks with HP & Dell having similar issues.  Hopefully Lenovo/MS/Intel will have this resolved soon!!!

Serial Port
ghostwind

Re: Corrupt video on xx tablet

I partially remidied the problem by rolling back to the latest vista driver for my system. Now the display only gets corrupted when I use PS...

What's DOS?
daveatuw

Re: Corrupt video on x200 tablet

I'm experiencing the same problem on my x200 (7454CTO).  I've tried different versions of the Intel GM45 Display Driver (v8.15.10.1855 from the Lenovo x200 support site, and also v8.15.10.1872) but no difference.  Would like to hear about the solution to this!

Serial Port
ghostwind

I simply used the vista driver listed in the driver matrix. I still have some problems in some applications, but at least my system is usable. I would like to hear what some of the lenovo techies on the site think.... this is rather annoying, isn't it?

Paper Tape
X301ThinkPad

Hoping for a bug fix today with the Microsoft critical updates....no such luck....

et
Serial Port
et

Intel Display Driver Problems

[ Edited ]

Hi. I'm using an X200 Tablet 7449 FXG.

Recently I updated the Intel Display Driver to the latest version 8.15.10.1968 http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-70129. It looked that everything was working ok but problems started when my tablet was resuming from sleep or hibernation.

When I put the tablet to sleep on battery and resume it on battery everything works great no problems.

But when I put the tablet to sleep or hibernation on battery and resume it with ac adapter plugged in there are problems with the display (pictures below).

http://www.et.md4.pl/Lenovo/1.jpg

http://www.et.md4.pl/Lenovo/2.jpg

Everything returns back to normal when I unplug the ac adapter and plug it in.

http://www.et.md4.pl/Lenovo/5.jpg

Does anyone have an idea what is going on ? I would really like to use this new driver because it gives me about 15 - 20 minutes longer battery life.

TIA for help.

Moderated edit: Converted embedded images over 50k to links, the maximum image size allowed per the Community Rules.

Punch Card
KZeagle

Re: Intel Display Driver Problems

I have a very similar problem that started occuring after upgrading to the latest x64 Win7 drivers.

After resuming from sleeping in the dock I had similar artefacting on my laptop screen and on my external monitor connected via displayport.  I rebooted and the issue is now gone on my laptop screen, but if I enable the external monitor there will be significant artefacting.  Someone screwed the pooch with this driver update.

et
Serial Port
et

Re: Intel Display Driver Problems

I hope that Lenovo will relase an updated version of Intel Drivers with a fix for this issue :smileysad: