Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
cecilyen
Accepted Solution

Dark spot in x200 Tablet Monitor

Recently, I found my x200t had a dark spot on the upper right corner and decide to send it to Lenovo for repair.

Few days ago, they told me that dark spot is caused pressure damage and I have to pay to replace the LCD for $750.

This is so ridiculous. I spent $300 more to have this fancy dual-touch LCD. How can the LCD be damaged under normal usage of the touch screen?

I use my tablet few hours a day, but I am not a heavy touch screen user. And I just got my x200t last Oct. Only half year of normal usage, my LCD was then damaged by "PRESSURE"?

If I hit my LCD screen by something, the touch screen has to be cracked first. This should not create a dark spot in LCD.

The only reason I can think of is the bad quality of the LCD which can't not handle half year of touch screen usage.

Anyone got similar problems?

x200 Tablet, 4GB RAM, Pen/Hand Touch Screen
Windows 7 Pro x64
Serial Port
cecilyen

Re: Dark spot in x200 Tablet Monitor

Any one?
Windows 7 Pro x64
Punch Card
nwgtr

well, that's why I didn't get that touch screen,  it's different than the other capacitive touch screen like the iphone. 

Lenovo has resistive touch screen.  I think it's like the nintendo ds if you will. There is probably an extra layer above the actual LCD.  I bought the LED backlit version and even that has an extra layer sitting 3mm above the actual LCD screen. So it is possible that you might have hit it or something hit it without cracking the screen. Weird how you still have warranty and they made you pay. Just try to call them and complaint about it, how do they prove that you hit it if there is no physical damage? Also it's electronic, anything could of happen or it could be defective.

Serial Port
cecilyen

After a month of fighting, I finally got my X200t back and fixed.

Note to myself, be very careful to the touch screen.  They are fragile and expensive.

Windows 7 Pro x64