Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
foxiqopher
Accepted Solution

Does anyone have x220t pen working properly on edges?

I see there are several threads about calibration issues with pen where it behaves not well on the edges of the screen.

I too have problems with it - when I move my pen near edge or especially near corners and cursor just runs away from pen tip towards that edge. In the most affected corner, pen movement of about 1-2 mm causes cursor movement of about 5 mm. It is also slightly dependant on the angle at which I'm holding the pen. If I hold it perpendicular to the screen, then issue becomes less pronounced.

Good calibration on the edges is really crucial, because most programs have their menus, buttons, etc, on the edges, so edges are highly used and very important areas on the screen.

I tried all sorts of drivers, calibrated pen many times, including using command line to get more calibration points, but it doesn't help. Even if I set all calibration points very close to and concentrated near the corners, it doesn't affect corner behaviour much, which is strange (as I see it, calibration means that it shows me point on screen, and I show it what position and orientation of pen I use to click that point, so why after calibration when I put my pen again in same position and orientation, the cursor is placed much further than original calibration point?).

So my question is - is it possible that this is a hardware defect that is present only on some fraction of x220t units and that getting my notebook replaced under warranty will solve those problems? Are there x220t owners who don't have these issues?

Punch Card
wjyoung

Re: Does anyone have x220t pen working properly on edges?

Subscribed. I'm having the exact same issue you are. Would like to hear from other x220t owners

Punch Card
drhusam

the same issue here

What's DOS?
bfel

[ Edited ]

I too just got my x220t and found that the pen does not register at the top 1/2" corner (exactly where the scroll bar is on tablet mode). If the pen go past the screen the cursor reaches the top corner but it starts to jump around, moving wildly. To me this is hardware problem. I'm definitively returning my unit.

The left 1/2" edge has a non-linear acceleration problem that a lot of people have been complaining about (when I move 1mm it moves 3mm). I wonder if I'll have to live with that when the top when the top gets fixed.

The 12.5" screen is an improvement from the previous 12" but one can wonder if the Wacom sensors are well adapted to the extra screen area.

Token Ring
jyeah

I think part of it is simply the physical limitation of the digitizer panel. Edge performance is usually not as precise as the when you're a few mm away from the border. On my X220T, HP TM2, X201T that I've owned, they all exhibit a slight unsmoothness (non-lnear acceleration at the edge corners), I think that's just the way things are designed.

Paper Tape
jonnyjl

I have to wonder if they allowed more than a 4 point calibration test if it would be more accurate.

Both touch and pen is terrible.  Shouldn't they extend the digitizers a few milimeters into the bezel to prevent this crap?

Token Ring
jyeah

It's already pretty accurate. I think it really boils down to whether or not users are really going to be drawing at the edge or writing closer to the center of the panel.

Punch Card
matpl89

Lenovo needs to fix this or I send back the machine and get another tablet...

Fanfold Paper
allengeorge

I'm having the same issue: pen is definitely off on the edges.

Fanfold Paper
ej914

Having same issue but not on all edges. in laptop mode, bottom and left edges dont have the issue, right and top edges do. and on the top side it only happens on half the screen.

definitely not a limitation of the digitizer since its not happening everywhere.

seems more like bad connections or reception of the input in certain areas.