Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
nbx909

Re: Does anyone have x220t pen working properly on edges?

I have the same issue this is a pain especially on the window menus and the "start" button are located.

HDMI
hp79

No, it's not a physical limitation of the device. I think it's actually a defective device, or a terrible design. My X61T MT/MV edition works perfectly fine on all four edges. Very accurate. I upgraded to a X220T, and the X220T has a very bad accuracy on the edges of the screen, especially the bottom and the right edge of the screen. I even made a video of it, check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_w5lCPvnJw I really really hope it's something that Lenovo can fix. Otherwise, this is totally unacceptable. It is so annoying trying to use Onenote and select pens, scroll the paper, and selecting menu items.
Token Ring
kvirtanen

X201T owner's 5c

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

Firstly, I have an X201T, but I just wanted to chime in to add that it's in fact sometimes the drivers that mess the accuracy on some random corners and cause very strange behavior. It might even seem like a hardware fault.

In my case, when approacing the lower left hand corner with the stylus the cursor started to drag, moved slower and slower, as if the corner was repelling it... until I reached the corner with the pen, and that's when the cursor did a sharp parabolic turn and almost snapped to the bottom right corner. Pretty unacceptable behavior.

My thoughs? The digitizer must be aligned wrong, maybe detached a little bit on that corner or something. I tried calibrating it many times but it didn't help. But that's when I decided to boot to my Arch Linux setup and try the same there. That way I could isolate the problem.

In Linux the pen goes all the way to all four corners and is perfectly aligned in relation to the pen. So it has to be the driver in Windows.

Long story short: with all the pressure sensitivity problems I had had plus the calibration being so off I tried the Fujitsu driver and now everything works like a charm. I don't know if you should try the Fujitsu driver because you have the X220T (could momentarily screw up the 3-5-finger gestures), but in case you want to try it: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Tablet-ThinkPad-Laptops/X201t-FINALLY-GOT-MT-AND-PRESSURE-SENS-...

http://wirtanen.tk/ -- web portfolio & cv
Paper Tape
egolfb

Re: X201T owner's 5c

I'm having the same problem. 

DEAR LENOVO: Please respond!

Paper Tape
egolfb

Re: X201T owner's 5c

In desperation, I went into the calibration settings and disabled the "eraser" function of the digitizer.

This seems to have fixed the problem.  Perhaps the problem has been caused by the tablet not understanding how to interpret the signals from a pen emitting from both the tip and the "eraser."

Does this help with anyone else?

Blue Screen Again
ohhaithere

re: x220t edges

[ Edited ]

No it did not help.  Here is a picture of the distortion I am having.  I'm probably getting rid of this.  I drew these lines using a piece of stiff folded paper as a ruler.  You can see the lines in the middle are straight.  The corners and edges of the screen are an entirely different story.  The bottom of the picture is the top when in laptop mode and the left side of the screen is the right side of the screen when in laptop mode.

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/8640/img20110625124051.jpg

Moderator Note: Image size > 50k, converted to link.

Punch Card
pubert

Re: re: x220t edges

Anyone tried kvirtanen's trick with the Fujitsu driver on the X220t? I haven't received my tablet yet but I'd be interested to know if I can count on that for a short term fix...

Fanfold Paper
mastereric1

I'm having the same issues with my x220i laptop, and it's brand new! This is really disappointing for me as I sold my HP TM2 and got this tablet as an 'upgrade', hoping that I would not have any problems anymore (I had a lot of problems with my TM2). My laptop is otherwise in perfect condition - as far as I can tell, I've only had it two days - it's just the pen that does not work right.

In my opinion, a fix for this should be a top priority for lenovo. Why? Well, what is the point of buying a tablet? To use the digitizer. And if your digitizer does not work right, then what is the point of buying the tablet in the first place!?

This has soured my opinion of Lenovo slightly, as I expected high quality for such a high price, and yet right out of the box I am getting issues.Hopefully there's somone on this forum that works at Lenovo or knows people who do and can get Lenovo working on this issue.

My theory for why this issue is occuring is that either the digitizer panel is simply not big enough for the screen, or its just a bad driver. Either way we need a driver update. In the mean time, that Fujitsu driver might work but I'm hesitant to try it on my laptop considering I have not had time to make backups for it. 

Punch Card
wjyoung

[ Edited ]

pubert wrote:

Anyone tried kvirtanen's trick with the Fujitsu driver on the X220t? I haven't received my tablet yet but I'd be interested to know if I can count on that for a short term fix...

No luck here. Start -> All Programs -> Pen Tablet -> Pen Tablet Properties reports "A supported tablet was not found on the system". Also, Device Manager -> Human Interface Devices -> Wacom Pen -> Properties reports the driver is version 7.0.1.0, which is identical to the basic WIndows 7 version (what you get if you uninstall the ThinkPad MultiTouch Driver / ISD and reboot).

Punch Card
pubert

[ Edited ]

Good of you to give it a try wjyoung, too bad it didn't result in a quick fix.

HP79 thanks for the video. I watched it and it looks like the angle you employ on the stylus is different at each edge of the screen. This is highlighted particularly well at the 41s mark where it looks like you have your hand completely twisted around. I'm assuming that's not your natural position to write from on the right side. Anyways, is the problem not at least partially alleviated by going through a more intense calibration with the pen in your natural writing position the whole time?

Edit: Grip = angle.