Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
HDMI
hp79

Re: re: x220t edges

Here's a screen capture of me trying to draw straight lines. The pen was 90 degree perpendicular to screen.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16069139/x220/sketchbook.png
And another pic showing the dot not following the pen's tip.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16069139/x220/x220t_pen.jpg

Maybe I'll make another video of how hard the pen is to use.
Paper Tape
bmassey

I believe that the drift when the pen gets near the edge is caused by the Wacom tablet drivers. I uninstalled them on my system and the problem went away. Removing the UI Tablet drivers also disabled my touchpad and track stick.

I'll let you know what happens when I reinstall the drivers (if I can figure that out).

Brian

PS: Is anyone else seeing this forum in German despite the English setting?

andyP
Topics: 163
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

bmassey wrote:

PS: Is anyone else seeing this forum in German despite the English setting?

Brian, welcome to the forum,

shouldn't be an issue now, I've hopefully fixed it for you. the explanation as to why this happens can be found here.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Blue Screen Again
catheadache

I have the same problem  Recalibrating makes no difference at all.  I'm definitely not going to start messing around with installing/uninstalling various drivers (including one that is for another brand of computer).

Can anybody make an educated guess on whether Lenovo can/will fix this issue?  If not, I'm probably going to send the computer back.  It's a nice unit otherwise, but an issue as big as that is basically a deal-breaker.

thanks

Blue Screen Again
ohhaithere

Yeah, even if it is the drivers, removing ISD pretty much breaks touch/pen utility so it's not really a viable option. 

No idea Cat.  I seem to have more problems than some others that I've talked to, so it might be a combination of hardware and software.  I have a 45 day return policy from the place I bought it, so if Lenovo doesn't speak up soon I'll be sending it back (almost 30 days into the 45).  I really like the laptop, but stylus and touch are unacceptable at this point.  The backlight bleeding and temporary burn in effect kind of turn me off as well.  It makes me wonder if they would have had better luck if they had stuck with the 12.1 inch screens instead of going to this untried format.

Fanfold Paper
mastereric1

bmassey - what did you exactly do? I think that might be a solution. You say that it fixes it but disables touchpad/trackstick. That's OK because we can always get the driver for them from the x220 (normal not tablet).
HDMI
hp79

Okay, so I uploaded another video in youtube about this problem. Please take a look. This is totally unacceptable. I tried recalibrating several times, and it doesn't help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=burQBhxe3p8
Paper Tape
jonnyjl

Re: Does anyone have x220t pen working properly on edges?

Any call in about this or has Lenovo Officially responded to it?

HDMI
hp79

I called about it, and they said they can send me a box to ship it to the depot for repair. I didn't want to get a repair on my brand new tablet. And there is no gaurantee tha tthey will have a fix for this since so many users are experiencing this problem. Besides, I fear their depot service. In the past, they left scratches on my X61T, mixed up screws, overtighten the screws, forget to install cmos backup battery, and so on. These are not all in one occasion, but I don't wan to take any risks.

Agotthelf
Topics: 146
Kudos: 262
Solutions: 183

Hi guys,

here are some other videos from the guy who made the previous mentioned video. Some valuable input perhaps?

Lenovo ThinkPad X220 Tablet - Pen Input

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oof2wRSgGrc

In the video link below he provide some tips, to get used to the tablet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OaGKvJiGHw

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español