Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
Anubis32

Re: Does anyone have x220t pen working properly on edges?

Hi,

No matter how hard I try Im never able to have perfect or propler calibration of the digitizer pen. The best way for me is to use the default factory settings.

When I was calibraiting I was very very very careful and I touched with the pen exactly in the center of the point. Exactly on the pixel that is in the center. I tried calibraiting something like 15 times, and I was never satissfied with the results.

I have those issues on my X200T and I believe its exactly same on X201T since the use the same displays and digitizers. If Im wrong please correct me.

The best "traction" is in the center of the screen but when I want to do something on the edges its very hard to since I cant look at the end of pen tip but on the coursor.

For example its sometimes very hard to close application that has maximized window.

Lenovo please fix this, make this fix from X200T users too !

Im running lates software from TVSU and Windows Updates. I never did install any hardware updates from Windows Update since I dont know if they are new enough or proper.

Cheers,

Serial Port
micro_virus

Lenovo, PLEASE DO FIX THIS MAIN-ISSUE!

This is really not acceptable as I am using it as a student every day and NEED to make lines that are straight and not like BANANA!

I want an official statement from Lenovo or all the x220t are going back!

Retired Employee
JameZ

@micro_virus,

The engineers are checking on it. I will post once I get an update from them.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Paper Tape
strife502

Good to know this is being looked in to, unfortunately my 21 day return period is only until friday,

so if there's no fix by then I'm going to have to return my machine - not willing to get stuck with

a non-working machine that cost so much in the case that a fix never shows up :smileysad: I'm sure many other

people are in a similar situation! Is there any way to extend return period? 

802.11n
kvirtanen

X201T comparison

[ Edited ]

Here are two comparisons from an X201T owner.

1. Open them in separate tabs

2. Put your browser into full screen mode

3. Switch between tabs by using shortcut keys (CTRL+[tab number] usually)

The red in the pictures represents the menu and scroll bars (areas I couldn't reach).

Windows 7 using Windows Journal:

http://www.students.oamk.fi/~m7viki00/misc/X201T_Wacom_Windows7_Journal.jpg

Arch Linux using Xournal:

http://www.students.oamk.fi/~m7viki00/misc/X201T_Wacom_ArchLinux_Xournal.jpg

NOTES:

- lines are straighter in Linux

- the nudge on the right side is gone in Linux

- the corners can actually be reached in Linux

- Linux isn't perfect; wavy lines appear at the bottom (not in Win7!)

- Linux isn't calibrated - pretty good performance taking that into account

- in Linux the stylus offset is spot-on; cursor follows the nib (not so much in Win7)

- the digitizer is active all the way to the bezel, meaning that if you draw directly on the bezel the cursor will draw along the edges of the screen

CONCLUSIONS:

- the performances are completely different on both OSs

- the Wacom digitizer isn't perfect even on X201T

- the quality of the driver affects A LOT

http://vanhavirta.fi/
Fanfold Paper
andrer

Re: X201T comparison

I have a x201 tablet, and there is no differense between Windows 7 32bit and Ubuntu 11.04.

This is drawn using a ruler. The OS is Ubuntu 11.04 and the software is Gimp.

The problem is depending on how much you tilt the stylus. Some people, like me, tilt it a lot when we are using it and then it will look like above. I saw on the Wacom forum that they claimed that the manufacturer of the tablet (Lenovo) is responsible to calibrate the hardware/drivers since the signal will be different depending on how the computer is built. I guess that we now only have the Wacom standard drivers which is not at all calibrated after our machines.

802.11n
kvirtanen

Re: X201T comparison

[ Edited ]

Apparently it is clear that the 4 or 8 calibration points that the Wacom (Lenovo?) driver allows isn't enough. Might be a bit off-topic, but it definitely would be nice to have a some sort of calibrating software that would:

1. first display a square grid in 45 degree angle (like all the examples people have posted)

2. ask the user to use a ruler to draw on the grid and follow it as closely as possible (even if it results in waviness)

3. based on the information gained by comparing the resulted lines to the ideal grid generate a "warp grid" that would allow the driver to compensate for the waviness, resulting in straight lines (more or less)

Sort of like an image correction filter photographers use to correct for optical distortions in their photos. Might be a bit of a chore to do, but as long as there isn't a hardware fix available I'd gladly go through this if it was possible - and if it would guarantee straight lines.

http://vanhavirta.fi/
Fanfold Paper
mastereric1

@JameZ,

Have you given a link or printout of this topic to the engineers? You should, please. :-)

//Eric

Blue Screen Again
catheadache

Whoever works for Lenovo:

Give us a realistic timeline on when we might get a solution to this problem.   This is nonsense - pay a ton of money for a tablet, and the pen doesn't even work properly.  I'm sending it back if this isn't fixed in the next day or 2. 

Retired Employee
JameZ

@mastereric1,

They are viewing the clip which was uploaded by the users.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3