Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
catheadache

Re: Does anyone have x220t pen working properly on edges?

Bad form, Lenovo.  Returning this machine.

Too bad, because it's otherwise a great computer. 

Fanfold Paper
mastereric1

[ Edited ]

I'm returning my x220i because the right USB port stopped working, and they're going to send me a new one. I'll bet that the new one also has this digitizer issue too though. :smileysad:

What really frustrates me is that BOTH my HP TM2 and HP TX2 (both $1000) work absolutely great on the edges - this issue does not exist AT ALL on them. And yet on the supposedly superior x220i ($2500 tablet) this issue is rampant, and not on only it but its predecessors. :/  Makes me question why I should buy Lenovo again, when they can't get a $2500 tablet right but HP can get a $1000 one perfect.

Fanfold Paper
Calculon

[ Edited ]

A bit more calibration seems to have helped along the horizontal bezel. Reset pen calibration in control pannel and then enter the below into the command prompt.

tabcal lincal novalidate xgridpts=5,230,454,681,908,1135,1360 ygridpts=5,133,261,389,517,645,761

Blue Screen Again
ohhaithere

So what's up Lenovo?  What are those engineers doing?  Surely it can't take them this long to diagnose a problem on your NEW FLAGSHIP TABLET PC?  What a joke.  I'm badmouthing Lenovo whenever I get the chance on other forums now, this is unacceptable.

Serial Port
mludwig

Don't hurt the engineers, they have souls too. Seriously, it's not a job with instant gratification. It involves a lot of tinkering, putting up with others' crap work. What I would like to see (which is not going to happen) is an official message from Lenovo saying that, we are sorry, we are going to fix it, here's a coupon. Instead they make a cool video about how a laptop can survive a freefall by booting up fast, implying that all the models (X220 included) boot up in 15 seconds. Uh, marketing people...

Punch Card
driekus

To me a large portion of the problem here is a callibration issue.

I have used linux solely for the first month owning this laptop and have only recently played with windows.

It is possible to fairly accurately callibrate the touchscreen in linux. On the other hand windows callibration is way way off by comparison.

Blue Screen Again
ohhaithere

I tried using Linux without satisfactory results.  If you're considering buying a tablet pc, don't be misled by comments from people that managed to get half way to ok results by doing random stuff under Linux.  FWIW I did a hundred+ point calibration in windows with high density in the corners and edges with no benefit.  The x220t is a mess and NOT worth the money with no fix in sight.

Paper Tape
egolfb

It was too bad, but I sent back my x220T.  Everything was great, except the terrible pen performance.

On the same day I sent the x220T back, I ordered a new Fujitsu T901.  The T901 arrived today, and it is fantastic.  The sceen is every bit as vibrant and clear as the x220T's, the pen in amazing, and there are many features built-in that make it a better tablet, like a physical scrolling area that works in tablet mode, a CD Drive, customizable tablet buttons, and more.

I like Lenovo but wish it wouls look to Fujitsu for how to build a GREAT convertible tablet PC.

Serial Port
micro_virus

Whats up Lenovo? Do your engineers have holidays? Or do they just sleep on their laurels?

Punch Card
driekus

I have played around with this more. I Installed the Wacom drivers from their website and used their callibration utility and got much better results.

It gives me hopes that what people are seeing is a combination of poor callibration and the parallax effect. This doesnt account for the edge sensitivity but at least now I have a tablet that functions in both windows and linux.