Support in other languages: 
Guru
Audois

Betreff: Does anyone have x220t pen working properly on edges?

jordsvin wrote:
I'm using http://cdn.wacom.com/U/drivers/TabletPC/ISD_DualTouch_701-8.exe

As for me I'm using the ISD_DualTouch_702-21 driver, the most recent.

X220t | i7 | 320GB HDD | 8GB RAM | WIN7 PRO
IdeaCenter A520 | i5 | 1 TB HDD | 6GB RAM | WIN8.1
Punch Card
GRhame

[ Edited ]

Big improvement for me. I am able to write all the way over to next to the scrollbar on the right in OneNote in fullscreen mode without the wonkiness that I was getting before. Clicking on the systray icons in my taskbar, which is docked on the left side of the screen, is much more accurate now. Very happy with the improvements. I could be crazy, but it seems like the respone to inking is faster after updating as well.

For those having problems, I didn't do anything other than a normal instalation. I installed the update without uninstalling anything or calibrating at all. All drivers are stock and up to date.

Installed the fix, and I'm happy to say that I have a substantial digitizer improvement as others are reporting. I did have to update my multi-touch driver, though.

@Lenovo - I happily am eating crow right now. Thank you for proving me wrong. This machine is now what I was expecting it to be (it's not perfect, but neither is my x200t...but at least my x220t's digitizer is as accurate as the 200t's!)

Fanfold Paper
LordPhoenix

Thanks Lenovo for not letting us down! A little better communication wouldn't have hurt, but at least we have a fix.

The accuracy on my x220t is better, except towars the bottom of the screen (near the speakers).

One thing that baffles me is that my touch input is accurate in all four screen orientation, but my pen input only works in my main orientation (primary landscape). In all three other orientations, the cursor is completely inaccurate, e.g., it's reversed in secondary landscape (i.e. cursor at bottom left requires to have pen at top right) and it mostly sticks to the edges in both portrait orientations even though the pen is at the center of the screen. I did not install any custom drivers and to be perfectly honest, the problem was there even before the firmware update (I just never bothered to use the pen before, since it was so inaccurate). Did some of you guys encounter a similar problem?

Thanks!

Paper Tape
jordsvin

LordPhoenix,

My digitiser is working consistently in all orientations.  My Ultranav now occasionally requires Fn+F8 to make it work but that may be unrelated to this update.

Paper Tape
jonnyjl

Audois wrote:

jordsvin wrote:
I'm using http://cdn.wacom.com/U/drivers/TabletPC/ISD_DualTouch_701-8.exe

As for me I'm using the ISD_DualTouch_702-21 driver, the most recent.

Do you still have all the other multi-touch gesture functionality with this driver?  I imagine you uninstall everything that came from lenovo's packaged drivers and then install this one, correct?

Blue Screen Again
randfee

I think I notice an improvement, will need to test further though. What I can say is, that the corner towards the fingerprint reader still sucks, but now the major nonlinearity seems to be gone.

After a week at work, I'll know for sure.

Happy testing!

Guru
Audois

jonnyjl wrote:

Do you still have all the other multi-touch gesture functionality with this driver?  I imagine you uninstall everything that came from lenovo's packaged drivers and then install this one, correct?

Yes to both questions. I uninstalled this driver before installing the fix, and then reinstalled it, because I was not satified with the fix.

X220t | i7 | 320GB HDD | 8GB RAM | WIN7 PRO
IdeaCenter A520 | i5 | 1 TB HDD | 6GB RAM | WIN8.1
Punch Card
drhusam

using windows update driver the two corners at bottom in the laptop mode after calibration are more accurate but the two corners up inaccurate.

Lenovo driver does the opposite.   

Fanfold Paper
ineededausernam

@Everyone who has it working:

Please do the following if you don't mind:

1. Do Audois' line-drawing test.  Tilt your hand.

2. Try the area around the speakers (bottom edge of screen in "normal" mode) with your pen tilted towards them.  Is there a huge 4mm error or is it working fine now?