Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
bubbachuck

Betreff: Does anyone have x220t pen working properly on edges?

[ Edited ]

Please link the test image file.  Can't find a clean image from Audois's past posts.  I'd like to do a before and after comparison and post it.

Fanfold Paper
ineededausernam

Guru
Audois

Single zip file:

http://aedifex.fr/X220t/X220t_ScreenTestTemplates.zip

X220t | i7 | 320GB HDD | 8GB RAM | WIN7 PRO
IdeaCenter A520 | i5 | 1 TB HDD | 6GB RAM | WIN8.1
Punch Card
AQ_OC

[ Edited ]

I just got my x220t today...it shipped from China on 12/1.  It does not appear to have any problems with the digitizer...other than the fact that sometimes the pen seems to be on a rough surface...never had that issue with my Dell Latitude XT.

I'm loving this machine, BTW. :smileyhappy:

Punch Card
dbman190

Mine isn't working properly around the speakers. It would be nice to hear from someone at Lenovo about how to get it fixed fully.

Punch Card
takosan

Greetings!

With the X220T in the landscape mode with speaker-side on the bottom, these are my results after new firmware, reboot, several calibration resets & re-calibrations:

Going clockwise starting at top-left corner, going left to right, top to bottom, right to left, and then bottom back to top-left corner:

Top: 1.5mm off from top edge

Right: 2.5mm off from right edge EXCEPT when getting to about 2mm height from the bottom-right corner it is not perpendicular any more because it starts to also move upwards ... so at the bottom-right corner it is at about 6.5mm off at a 45 degree angle

Bottom: 4.5mm off from bottom edge EXCEPT near the hinge it seems to quiver to 4mm off from bottom edge

Left: bottom-left corner is off by 2mm BUT only on the y-axis (not off perpendicular at all) and continues to be off until about 6mm from bottom then the rest is dead-on until nearing the top

coincidentally this bottom-left is where the speakers are right below whereas on the bottom-right corner the speakers are offset leftward due to the fingerprint reader ... also coincidentally I didn't see it quiver to 6mm above those speakers either so strange behavior around the bottom-left speakers

Bottomline it seems like it didn't help with my X220T :mansad:

Rob

Ctrl-Alt-Del
mobiuspizza

With the update it's more manageable now, at least I am not pulling my hair out when I had to retry 3 times to use the Windows scroll bar.

I have to use the black extended area for scroll bar but at least the accuracy is acceptable within a scroll bar width from the edges.

My 5 years old Fujitsu ST5112 with wacom pen performs great at edges so I wonder why is it so difficult on the x220.

Blue Screen Again
randfee

[ Edited ]

Sadly, it is NOT fixed!

same crap nonlinearity towards the borders happened AGAIN all day long. Bootet, was fine for some time, then strangely it got worse during some meetings over the day again.

Sorry, but: Back to the drawing board, guys!

PS: If this is a "drift" kinda problem now (slow buildup of a static charge?!), then the hardware is really "fxxxxxx" and it wouldn't be fixable by software after all. In this case though, Lenovo has lost loads of credibility (already has) with this crappy input accuracy, the next tablet PC won't be a lenovo, and my testing the unit has lead to zero further buys from Lenovo in our whole research facility!...

probably should have gone with the fujitsu lifebook t901 after all :smileysad: - see it on my co-workers desk every meeting, far more accurate :smileysad:

Mod edit:  Removed language contrary to Forum rules

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Over the last 4 pages of discussion, I'm seeing mixed results.  Some are reporting things are better after the firmware update and running calibration, while others say no better.

For those that indicate no improvement, can you confirm that you have run the recalibration?

Thanks

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
802.11n
kvirtanen

Troubleshooting the variance in results

[ Edited ]

I would also be interested in knowing:

1. Are the instructions that come with the FW update sufficient, i.e. don't they need any extra steps such as uninstalling old drivers and then re-installing specific drivers recommended by Lenovo or something to that nature? What if we're dealing with some issue not related to the FW update?

2. Is everybody following the instructions exactly as they're written?

Nobody needs to answer to these per se, I'm simply bringing them up to provoke thoughts on the matter. What I'm after is that everyone would start from the exact same situation, i.e. first uninstalling all touch drivers, applying the FW update and then installing a specific driver package advised by Lenovo and then calibrate. I would think hunting down the culprit for this variance in results would also become a bit easier.

Is it a driver conflict? A different hardware revision? Are you using touch drivers provided by Lenovo, Wacom or the basic Microsoft touch drivers (provided by Wacom)? Again, these are rhetorical questions.

A lot of variables could be taken out of the equation to help Lenovo out.

Also, it would be enlightening if someone uploaded a video of the process and results on YouTube for example.

http://vanhavirta.fi/