Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
Bd54

Re: Does anyone have x220t pen working properly on edges?

Just ordered one but with al this info i am wondering if i should cancel. Did anybody verify if it happens with all types of screens?multi touch or outdoor?3G or 3x 3? Did anybody try to remove the speakers to see if problems goes away?anybody compared the hardware set up with x61?
What's DOS?
natejansen

I've had my x220t for a few days now, read through as muc of this thread as I could...(anyone else notice that the number of replies is about 10x any other thread?  sad...)  I had the same problem as everyone and then installed the wacom driver found here....http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-77152 and it appereared to fix the problem with unusable corners...i was testing it in OneNote (the ONLY reason i bought this laptop) and noticed that not only were the corners drastically better, but the "smoothness" of the ink was also greatly improved.  I think through force of habit, i went to the calibration screen, clicked the four targets, went back to OneNote and it was "broken" again...both corners and ink.  Installed the Wacom drivers again, wrote out some smooth ink and tested the corners...no problem...ran the calibration...broken.  Reinstalled, worked...calibrated, broken.  This is the best solution I have found so far and is at least worth trying if it hasn't been mentioned in the threat before.

best of luck, nj

Guru
Audois

[ Edited ]

That’s funny, because the "Wacom driver" you are talking about does nothing but add a new "Power management" tab to the HID USB Input Device properties panel.

README for Wacom Pen Driver:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT THIS PACKAGE DOES

This package installs the software (Wacom Pen Driver) to enable the following device.

Device name: USB Input Device

Device name in the Device Manager: USB Input Device

DETERMINING IF IT IS REQUIRED TO INSTALL THIS DRIVER

[Windows 7]
1. Click Start, then click Control Panel.

2. Make sure "View by Category" is selected, and click Hardware and Sound.

3. Click Device Manager in Devices and Printers.

4. Select Human Interface Devices and double click USB Input Device.

5. Check if Power Management tab is added. If so, it is not required to install this driver.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never installed this driver and the Power management tab is present.

X220t | i7 | 320GB HDD | 8GB RAM | WIN7 PRO
IdeaCenter A520 | i5 | 1 TB HDD | 6GB RAM | WIN8.1
Guru
Audois

Really strange! Here is a screenshot of my own Human Interface Devices:

HID.png

You can see that I've got two USB Input Device. If I deactivate the #1, the pen stops functionning. If I deactivate the #2, touch don't work anymore.

Why did they call them "USB Input Device"?

802.11n
kvirtanen

@Audois: The bus through which they operate might be some internal USB port (non-detachable) on the motherboard, or maybe the driver 'descends' from a driver made for a similar USB input device.

http://vanhavirta.fi/
Guru
Audois

You probably mean something like a Wacom Intuos tablet plugged into a USB port, the difference being that on the X220t the tablet is "internal". Yes, that sounds like a good explanation!

However, a Wacom tablet uses only one port, even a Pen&Touch one. On the X220t, two "internal" USB ports are required for a similar device, and that's a bit weird!

Paper Tape
treptrek

Interesting to see that nothing ever came of this thread.  My lab (of about 200) has been on Lenovo tablets for my entire career, ever since the x40s.  We've breathed new life into our existing x61s using SSDs, but I suspect that that will not get us far enough in the future to see a functional successor to the x220. In researching what that might mean, I came back across this thread.

Sad stuff.  I wish it had turned out differently.

Fanfold Paper
xyster

haha.  huge thread.  ya, my pen doesn't work well near the edges of the screen and my finger works even worse there.  The bottom scroll bar is almost impossible to get at.

not a huge deal to me, but it can be a problem at times.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
rbmoorehead

This thread has been running since June 2011 with no solution from Lenovo. Hundreds of my classmates of UNC Chapel Hill have purchased x230s, and every one of them is complaining of the same problem. This problem is consistent, replicable and has not been resolved by Lenovo.

I purchased my first IBM Thinkpad in 2000. I used it for five years, then bought the last X-series produced by IBM in 2005. I have now purchased the x220, and the digitizer accuracy is pathetic. I selected this model, and paid hundreds of dolars over the basic clamshell design, because of the digitizer technology. All I need to do with this machine is take notes in class, and for this it is completely useless. I am furious, and will not be purchasing a Lenovo product again.

I suggest that other customers that are suffering from this same problem post accordingly on online review sites. The x230 is now being marketed with the same technology, and more consumers are being duped into thinking that the digitizer technology is worth their money, which it is not.

Token Ring
del_psi

rbmoorehead wrote:

This thread has been running since June 2011 with no solution from Lenovo. Hundreds of my classmates of UNC Chapel Hill have purchased x230s, and every one of them is complaining of the same problem. This problem is consistent, replicable and has not been resolved by Lenovo.

I purchased my first IBM Thinkpad in 2000. I used it for five years, then bought the last X-series produced by IBM in 2005. I have now purchased the x220, and the digitizer accuracy is pathetic. I selected this model, and paid hundreds of dolars over the basic clamshell design, because of the digitizer technology. All I need to do with this machine is take notes in class, and for this it is completely useless. I am furious, and will not be purchasing a Lenovo product again.

I suggest that other customers that are suffering from this same problem post accordingly on online review sites. The x230 is now being marketed with the same technology, and more consumers are being duped into thinking that the digitizer technology is worth their money, which it is not.

As I said before , buy a Fujitsu T902. It is worth the $2000.