Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
jasonshurb

Don't purchase any product from Lenovo if you expect your warranty to count! (BAIT and SWITCH!)

[ Edited ]

The extended warranty that Lenovo sells you when you purchase your system is a scam.

I purchased an X200 tablet about a year and a half ago with the extended warranty.  My computer began having issues about halfway into the warranty.  I then called Lenovo support for this problem covered under the extended warranty. They will immediately send out a box and a label to send the system back for a promised repair.  Then about a week later they will call you and tell you that your computer has far more damage than it really had when you shipped it to them (a cracked screen and some other item in my case!) and then try to get you to pay for them to even repair anything wrong with the computer.

Lenovo has no issue with lying by saying that the customer was the one responsible for the problem.  I can only advise anyone considering purchasing a Lenovo system to choose a different manufacturer.  

Moderator note; please do not post the same post in different boards; it splits the conversation - Duplicates removed

Admin edit - removed content which is against community rules of participation.

Token Ring
jyeah

Re: Don't purchase any product from Lenovo if you expect your warranty to count! (BAIT and SWITCH!)

I had to deal with poor technical support from Lenovo earlier, however, once the issue was raised to customer complaint resolutions, they were actually quite helpful.

Try contacting Mark_Lenovo on the forums. He is really helpful.

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,325
Solutions: 285

Offer to help with service trouble

Jason,

Sorry that you had a bad experience with service.   As jyeah suggests, we take this kind of situation seriously and definitely want to look into it and see what can be done.

Please send me a private message with your contact information (name, address, phone), service case number and model and serial number .

Please keep in mind that it is possible the system was damaged during shipment to the depot which would not be your fault, but it could explain why service noted additional damange on the system.  Basically, let's try to help you and keep an open mind about what may have happened.

I'll look for your PM - thanks for letting us know you are having some troubles.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Blue Screen Again
Shadd

Re: Don't purchase any product from Lenovo if you expect your warranty to count! (BAIT and SWITCH!)

[ Edited ]

I called Lenovo service, handled by IBM. the warranty listed on my machine is good until 2012 however they said the support was expired and it wasn’t showing in their DB and I needed to call sales and figure it out. I told them I would send them this pic for verification and support tech said " We don’t have external email" their extendid warrenty is a LIE

Moderator Note; picture removed showing s/n for member's own protection