Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Loanarranger1

Fingerprint login after sleep mode - Only the logged on user can unlock the computer

Machine: X200 tablet - Windows 7 64 bit - Latest fingerprint software installed ver. 3.3.2.27

After going into sleep mode, upon wake up, I am prompted to swipe my finger.  However, the system does NOT allow the fingerprint to log me in, instead it displays the error message "Computer Locked. Only the logged on user can unlock the computer".

I can ONLY login by choosing to manually enter my password for my user.  I have another Lenovo and it has never worked this way.  Something is wrong as it should allow me to log back in using the fingerprint software.  Somehow, the system is not connecting the finger swipe with the logged in user after wakeup.

Can anyone assist who has had and solved this problem?

Thank you!

Blue Screen Again
JasonMK

Re: Fingerprint login after sleep mode - Only the logged on user can unlock the computer

I know it has been two years and you haven't gotten a single response, but I was hoping you or someone else has figured out the solution. I am having the same issue on my x200t (Win 7 Pro). It seems to have started a few months ago after I did a restore/reinstalation of Windows.

What's DOS?
wrue

Re: Fingerprint login after sleep mode - Only the logged on user can unlock the computer

I have got exactly the same problem.

W510; Win7 (64) alle Updates done

Thanks for your help

What's DOS?
mmchun1

Try "Delete All Fingerprints" option in the Fingerprint Enrollment, then enrolling a new finger print.  It seem the reinstall does not delete all the enrolled fingerprints hence when you enroll the same finger again after a reinstall, the system thinks the same finger print belongs to two different users.  I had the same problem after a reinstall then I realized there were only 18 fingerprint slots remaining when I only registered one. (Should have 19 slots remaining)