Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
catheadache

Help - New to Windows tablet

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

I just received my tablet yesterday.  Just playing around with it, I'm extremely impressed, and feeling better about making the switch from Mac.  Having not used a PC in years, I have a few questions i'm hoping some of you can answer (some are really basic)

-What kind of antivirus/security software should i be using?  I hate pop-ups, spyware, etc.  I want to minimize the crap that slows my computer down....

-What is the best program to use for handwriting notes, and for annotating documents (including MS Word and PDF's)?  I already have OneNote, which seems good, but I can't seem to open PDF's with this program.

-Anything else I should be doing to make sure my computer stays healthy?  The thing about Macs is that they are extremely user friendly - you can be completely computer-illiterate, and just bring your laptop to the Apple store when something isn't working. 

Thanks a lot!

Moderator Note: Edited subject to match content.

Blue Screen Again
Dante2k

Re: Help

[ Edited ]

Personally, I use Onenote 2010 and love it. If you go to the insert tab, and select "File Printout" on the toolbar, that will add pdf files to your notebook. Another option is to open the document you want to import into Onenote,  then select  print and under printer settings select "Send to Onenote" as the printer.

Hope this helps!

-John

Maliha

Re: Help

catheadache wrote:

-What kind of antivirus/security software should i be using?  I hate pop-ups, spyware, etc.  I want to minimize the crap that slows my computer down....

-Anything else I should be doing to make sure my computer stays healthy? 

Thanks a lot!

Hi catheadache,

-I think Eset Smart security is the best antivirus software, spyware and malware protection security system out there. It's so light that you wouldn't know it's there.

-Run ThinkVantage System Update and Windows Update regularly, don't install device drivers from the latter; only use the former for that purpose. Once a month run disk defrag and use CCleaner to clean your registry.

Hope this helps.

------------------------------------------------------------

Maliha (I don't work for lenovo)
ThinkPads:- T400[Win 7], T60[Win 7], IBM 240[Win XP]

IdeaPad: U350

Apple:- Macbook Air [Snow Leopard]
Did someone help you today? Compliment them with a
Kudos!
Was your question answered today? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
de.gif  Lenovo Deutsche Community   es.gif  Lenovo Comunidad en Español 
Visit my YouTube Channel

Punch Card
pubert

Re: Help - New to Windows tablet

[ Edited ]

For an anti-virus you should try AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011. It does its job well and consistently gets great reviews. PLUS IT'S FREE. 370,000,000 downloads and counting!

Punch Card
matpl89

Re: Help - New to Windows tablet

Ill tell you what I use and you do what you want with it.

Antivirus and spyware: Vipre

take notes: One note... Best software...

PDF editor: Bluebeam pdf

Logmein Free - for remote desktoping...

Ccleaner.. a must.

Plants vs zombies and angry birds :smileyhappy:

and for more tips go type JesseBandersen on youtube, he has lots of good tips for the x220t