Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
DavidES

Intel Wireless Display Unable to load DLL error

I have a new X220 tablet, out of the box with all software and driver updates applied and I am getting an error when trying to start the Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) software. When I run the software I get an Intel WiDi error box with the message "Unable to load the Intel My Wifi Technology DLL file."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the intel drivers and software using both the version available from Lenovo and the latest version on the Intel web site. I get the same error for all versions of the driver and software that I have tried.

I've seen comments about similar issues on the Intel communities forum but no fix has been published. I can't find any reference to a similar issue on the lenovo community forum or knowledge base.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Has anyone been able to get the Wireless Display software to work on the X220 tablet?

Thanks

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Intel Wireless Display Unable to load DLL error

hey DavidES,

remove the Wireless Display software. download the version available from our support site but do not install it yet.

set your windows to operate using Diagnostic mode via MSCONFIG. Once that is done, install the software while the unit is in Diagnostic mode.

Check and see if the problem persist with Diagnostic mode and in normal mode.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Community SuperMod
bananaman

[ Edited ]

Hi DavidES!

The Intel My WiFi dll file is missing. To install it, download the Intel Wireless LAN drivers for the X220, and make sure that the My WiFi component is installed:

Lenovo Support - Intel Wireless LAN (bg, abg, abgn) for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows Vista (3...

Hope this helps, and come back and tell us how it goes!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Fanfold Paper
kohelydh

yes it did work. Tanx .... How do get the WIMAX , SMS tech and the  Intel my WiFi Technology to work