Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
mcuddy

Keyboard stops responding

on my X60T and X61 tablet notebooks with windows 7, they keyboard stopps working any time I use the "switch user" method to log on. If I use the on screen keyboard to log back in to the original user account, the keyboard starts working agian, but not for any other account. Also, if I reboot, the keyboard starts working again.   This is a problem on all of our X60T and X61 tablet notebooks.

sameerbhan
Topics: 2
Kudos: 16
Solutions: 10

Re: Keyboard stops responding

Due to hardware compatibility, the the keyboard stops working at any time. I suggest you to please update the BIOS of your system from the below mentioned web link.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/default.page?

After this, please restart the Notebook and check if the issue resolved.

Regards,

Sameer

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
mcuddy

Re: Keyboard stops responding

I know it's a year later :smileyhappy: have updated bios through Lenovo system update each time one was available. Problem persists. We also purchaced some X230Ts. They have the same problem. When we use "switch user," the keyboard doesn't work untill we switch back and log out. (usb attached keyboard often will work.)