Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
sharkwaters

Lenovo Mods Help!:Screen Goes Blank on Battery - Problems has 25 posts already!

This only started happening a few months back, after the video driver update and the the Vista SP1. The screen, while on battery, goes black/ white/ or Blue, depending on its mood. The only solution is to put the tablet in sleep Mode and then back on again out of sleep. Really annoying because it happens all the time. Forget about rolling back drivers, we've all tried this. Here is a link to the complaints:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5660

Can someone from Lenovo Please Help?
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 407
Kudos: 1,278
Solutions: 275

Re: Lenovo Mods Help!:Screen Goes Blank on Battery - Problems has 25 posts already!

Sharkwaters,

Thanks - great to see our members networking between boards!   :smileyhappy:

Will look into this for next week.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Fanfold Paper
sharkwaters

Re: Lenovo Mods Help!:Screen Goes Blank on Battery - Problems has 25 posts already!

Thanks Mark!
I have asked people to come and post on this thread too. We just got a new one today, I think this is pretty clear cut across the board and due to some sort of update that cannot be rolled back by driver roll back:
http://www.gottabemobile.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5660&PN=2

Mobile Tyro

Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2 Post Options    Quote  Reply Posted: Yesterday at 2:22pm
I have a Lenovo X60 tablet and just updated the drivers and bios.  The problem just started occurring. I will roll back and then post the outcome later.

Paper Tape
ajanke

I will add a metoo! to this.  I also have an X60 with Vista "Business" that I was about to send back to Lenovo for what I was guessing was a hardware problem until I saw this.

In my case the thing used to do a little dance of "I think I have a projector connected, hang on a tick, no I dont" in which it would downgrade the screen resolution to "something smaller" and centre the display in the middle of the screen.

This has now evolved to a screen blank in your choice of colors of white, grey or black at which stage nothing seems to work (although it could be and the screen is just dead). Fn-F7 does nothing the only out is to sleep/wake at which stage things are good again.

This problem is random enough but always seems to happen on battery power.

A fix would be good given what this thing cost. In the meantime I will try some of the msconfig stuff that has been posted on other boards and cross my fingers.

Thanks

Andrew

Fanfold Paper
sharkwaters

Anything Lenovo Mods! The other thead at GM is pilng up!! Please, this problem is non-stop on battery now?

Thanks!

What's DOS?
thevt

Add me to the list as well. A slew of backlogged updates just went through last week and ever since then I get nonstop black/white/grey screens.

The only way out is FN-F7, then FN to bring it back up. I cannot begin to describe how frustrating this is!

Any solutions yet?  

What's DOS?
thevt

I should also add that I have an x60s with 8 cell battery.

I also found these links to other Lenovo sites with dearths of people having the same issue:

http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=62163

http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t=62561 

(last comment) 

http://lenovoblogs.com/insidethebox/?p=47 

Paper Tape
shirstpb

Add me to the list. Vista 'Business', SP1, and all latest updates from Update Manager...

battery power -> occasional screen flicker -> screen goes blank... FN-F4 (for me), power button, and then back to work...

What's DOS?
Spinn1

I started having the screen blink while on battery.  I checked my screensaver settings and saw that under Monitor Settings, nothing was selected for when to turn off the monitor while on battery.  Not NEVER.  Nothing!  I selected a time and so far, no more screen blinking.
Token Ring
ctoys

Me Too! I have a nearly new X61 Multi-Touch Tablet running XP SP2. In my case it seems to happen while I'm clicking on various Windows and the screen darkens to a dark gray, although if you look closely you can still see the Windows through the dark gray. Attempts to lighten the screen do not correct the issue. The easy way to fix it is to go to Stand-By (e.g. close the lid or stand-by button). If I ignore it long enough, it will go back to the normal display sometimes in a matter of several minutes and other times much longer without touching anything on the keyboard or screen. It used to happen about once every other day, although has not occurred in the past week or two. Only happens in my regular eight cell battery mode. I don't recall having the issue while using the extended battery attached to the bottom of the tablet. It has not been annoying enough to force any corrective actions on my part.
Full disclosure: Not a Lenovo employee, just someone with a X61 running Win XP SP2