Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
matthew_g1

Lenovo X201 - Undocking Error

getting the following error intermittently when undocking my lenovo x201 2985-f4u tablet:

You Cannot Eject your computer because one of the devices in the docking station 'docking station' cannot be stopped because of an unknown error. Since this device is still being used, do not remove the computer. 

I have nothing plugged into the docking station except for the power cord.  Any help would be much appreciated. 

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Lenovo X201 - Undocking Error

hey matthew_g1,

judging from the error, i say it is more to some background process that is stopping you from undocking your unit.

i would suggest looking through your process list in task manager to find out which culprit it is.

if possible, set your msconfig to startup only with windows item only and then try to undock. If you're able to undock, then i would presume that it is some background process that isnt from windows

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.