Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
Guillermédico

Lenovo X220T Bluetooth disappearance and machine does not exist in the Lenovo system!

I did a search on this Forum and could not find anyone who has reported a similar issue so I decided to post this.

I have a Jambox Bluetooth speaker and I was able to pair it successfully for a few days after setting up my new Lenovo X220T Tablet on 6/6/2011. However,  today (6/12/2011), when I tried unsuccessfully to play music through my Jambox speaker, I discovered that the Bluetooth choice had totally disappeared as an option when I brought up the Software Wireless Radio software with [Fn] [F5]. Also, the existence of any Bluetooth capacity had also disappeared from Device Manager. Additionally, when I then attempted to install the Bluetooth driver for the X220 Tablet from the Lenovo website, the driver would not install and indicated that it was not able to install because it could not find Bluetooth on my computer.

I spoke with a customer service representative (CSR) at Lenovo service in Atlanta, GA on 6/12/2011 at 4:30 PM PDT. We restored the original BIOS settings and the Bluetooth, which had disappeared earlier, now showed up in wireless devices.

The Lenovo CSR ssigned me a case number. However, oddly enough, he could not find a record of my machine in the system even though it had arrived on 6/2/2011 and I attempted to register the machine twice online over the past week..
The CSR recommended that I call Lenovo at +1 (888) 776-0920 8:00 AM EDT to provide the case number and ask them to register my computer in the system manually, even though I made the two attempts to register it online and Lenovo had emailed me two Excel spreadsheets prior to the arrival of my X220 Tablet, both of which contained a worksheet entry, "Registration Successful"
Bluetooth started working again after the BIOS reset but the frustrating thing is I still don't know why it suddenly disappeared from the X220T and I am concerned that this strange behavior might recur. Additionally, after listening to music on my Jambox for 30 minutes or so after regaining the Bluetooth connection, I lifted the laptop onto my lap and the Bluetooth connection suddenly disappeared after this little bit of movement and I have not yet been able to restore it, although Device Manager does show entries for two Bluetooth radios, Microsoft Bluetooth enumerator and ThinkPad Bluetooth 3.0.
I wonder if the WiFi radio might be interfering with Bluetooth? I think that I'll next try connecting the X220T to my cable modem directly via a wired Internet connection and turn of WiFi to see if I can get a more durable Bluetooth connection.
This is my first ever Lenovo purchase, so I have not known what to expect with this new machine. Otherwise, I have been pleased in my first week as an owner of the X220T tablet. Anyone else out there reporting similar issues?
Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Lenovo X220T Bluetooth disappearance and machine does not exist in the Lenovo system!

hey Guillermédico,

have you tried uninstalling the bluetooth drivers and let windows install its generic drivers and test it again with your Jambox speakers ?

on the part of "machine does not exist in the Lenovo system"; could you explain more ?

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
What's DOS?
spoldier

Re: Lenovo X220T Bluetooth disappearance and machine does not exist in the Lenovo system!

I have same problem, too.

I sometimes find the Bluetooth and I can use it, but sometimes the device cannot be detected.

Two days ago, I received warrant service for other problem. But after that, I cannot find the Bluetooth.

I already reinstall driver but it's useless.

I will send my x220t to GA again.

Punch Card
samteeee

Hi

Have you installed the"Hotkey Features" and the "Power Manager Driver"? in that order.

Then control it through "Fn+F5" menu.

That should resolve it, I hope.

Serial Port
vlangs

Hey I know I'm bringing up an old thread here, but I have the same problem. Let me go into detail, when I clean installed windows 8 (crashed hdd, got a new ssd now) Bluetooth is working fine and everything is great. Then I start getting warnings about how a "USB Device is not recognized" I had this problem in W7 too, but I don't usually have anything plugged into my usb ports so it must be something hardwired (bt, webcam, sd reader, expresscard etc). Restart the computer and warning gone, BT gone too doesn't even show up in device manager.

Here's what's curious, the BT light is off as well on the laptop (the one next to the wifi indicator) but when the computer starts up it initially is on. And more telling, I use Ubuntu as my main OS, but since the crash I decided to try out 8 (love it) when I plugged in my live usb for Ubuntu, Bluetooth worked perfectly fine as expected.

So it's definitely a Windows + Lenovo Thinkpad issue. I don't know what else to say, because I'm at an absolute loss. But I will definitely try to original bios.
Serial Port
vlangs

And I guess I should update this as well.

Wouldn't you know it, I updated to the NEWEST 1.35 (I was on 1.34) and the bluetooth just up and started working again. And there is a very good range (full 30 feet-ish) my mouse is working great and I'm streaming audio to my receiver while I'm sitting at my kitchen island maybe 25/30 feet away.

So thanks! I guess haha. I don't know what else to say about that :smileyhappy:
Serial Port
vlangs

I guess I should update this one more time.

Worked great all day. But I noticed that after I carried the computer around from one room to another while it was downloading a torrent (hdd use) that a) the torrent application (utorrent) would freeze up while in transit and then I started to get the USB device not recognized message.

Currently, the bluetooth is not recognized in windows, though the light is on so it is definitely activated. I really don't know the issue, could the bluetooth module be loose in the laptop? I guess I'm going to have to take it apart soon and check?