Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community SuperMod
bananaman

Re: Lenovo tablets: multitouch vs multitouch

[ Edited ]

Multitouch in the current HMM = Enhanced multitouch. The two FRU's are probably different manufacturers for the two finger multitouch - they apply to an identical set of model numbers. The finger and pen panels are called single-touch in the HMM.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Fanfold Paper
TheRealFEI

Thanks for the clarification. I did get EMT to work by doing a bare metal install of Win7 so those are indeed the correct part numbers...

Fanfold Paper
Cole_009

I have a simple "multitouch" tablet. Is it possible to upgrade it by paying the difference for the "enhanced multitoiuch"? Or what are the options. I don't want to buy a completely new X200 tablet just for this additional characteristic.

What's DOS?
icedavid

Hi,

My name is David and I got a x200 tablet with multitouch option last OCT. The product type is 7448-CTO.

Somehow I can never use more than 1 fingers on the screen even after I upgraded my OS to Win7.

I just found x200 7448 seemed to be under withdrawing. Is that true? How can I set my multitouch to work?

Thank you very much.

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Hi David, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

If that is "enhanced multitouch", 2 finger touch should have worked both before and after you upgraded to Windows 7.

I'm not sure what you mean by "under withdrawing", but if you ordered enhanced multitouch, and it never worked, use your warranty and call Lenovo!

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Cole_009 wrote:

I have a simple "multitouch" tablet. Is it possible to upgrade it by paying the difference for the "enhanced multitoiuch"? Or what are the options. I don't want to buy a completely new X200 tablet just for this additional characteristic.

There is no enhanced multitouch upgrade.

I'm not aware of anyone who has retrofitted one themselves... but there are some very creative hobbyists out there!

Punch Card
Gerio

[ Edited ]

When my beloved X61 tablet was stolen in December, I got my insurance check and started shopping!

As I was looking at X200 tablets on the Lenovo site, it was easy to determine the difference between the multi-touch and enhanced multi-touch panels. The problem I ran into was that I was given an "as long as 6 month delivery time" on the enhanced multi-touch panel machines.As well as as a 4-to-6-week wait on the 8-cell battery. Harrumph.

Fortunately, I found the machine I wanted with twice the memory and the 8-cell battery for $540.00 cheaper from an Ebay reseller. It did, however, have the regular multi-touch screen. Which I settled for.

And I'm totally happy with this machine. I'll be happier when my free WIndows 7 upgrade arrives (I've been using Windows 7 since the RC version came out last year). Although I must say, the Vista Business edition that came on the machine isn't wrecking my day, surprisingly enough. It's working rather well, in fact.

Geri O

(ooh, just realized, I guess I better change the profile, huh...:smileyvery-happy:...)

Geri O
Lenovo X200 Tablet
Type 7453 EDU
Enhanced Screen (NOT Enhanced Multi-touch!)
What's DOS?
cancelledorder2

I did order the Enhanced multitouch X200 tablet. I called the sales support to confirm my payment went across and during that time I was informed that there is a WEB PAGE error which does not bring multitouch ( 2 finger ) panel to the order at all. I have screenshots both from the Features page and my order showing I have selected the enhanced multitouch.

I am a current X60 user and I waited long enough to move to a new system, if I have not asked for confirmation like several other users in this forum really stressful series of calls would have been waiting for me. I am rather disappointed with the way Lenovo is dealing with customers but I really like the quality of the hardware. 

I recommend you double check your orders part numbers once you can display the order online, and call and verify if necessary.

Fanfold Paper
Cole_009

Bananaman,

If I may ask, what kind of creative hobbies are you referring to?

I'm curious to see how people without enhanced multitouch screens are handling it to use some of the enhanced multitouch capabilities.

Also, have you guys heard about the possibility of using the Magic Mouse for iPhone capabilities? As far as I know you still can't swipe, zoom in, etc. with a Magic Mouse on Windows.

The optimal mouse would be a Magic Mouse for Windows that can charge on the expresscard 54 slot.

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Hi Cole_009!

I was referring to the "creative hobbyists" who tinker with ThinkPads to "improve" them in ways the original designers did not intend. Search around the various ThinkPad forums and you will find interesting examples of such "FrankenPads".