Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community SuperMod
bananaman

Re: Lenovo tablets: multitouch vs multitouch

Hi yekamu, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

That sounds frustrating.

Go here to find out exactly which LCD panel your system has:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/product.do?template=/partslookup/partsLookup.vm&sitestyle...

You can look up the part in the Hardware Maintenance Manual:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-70830

I do see that Lenovo Chile list multitouch for the 3113-92S.

If indeed your system does not have multitouch, I suggest you first contact Lenovo Chile about the error.

Hope this helps!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Paper Tape
yekamu

Thanks for your reply!

I found that I've the screen : 

13N7294FLAT PANEL DISPLAYS; FRU LCD 12.1 WIDEVI

and I don't found in the manual. I need another manual?

I wrote to lenovo chile some months ago because I'm hypoacusis and I don't listen by call. They kindly attend me and send me a tech people from lenovo dominicana to revise my computer (I'm in dominicana at this time), and this guy don't found software errors. Days passesd and after get a call from a friend, Lenovo dominicana say that I must to open a new request for change the screen. 

I wrote again to lenovo chile, but this time, withour reply.

They say: "please call"

Thank you again

Miguel

Punch Card
Flaco

Great forum!

I have read this thread very carefully, but I am still not sure how to assess -before purchase- whether the display is multi-touch or not, based on the type and model.  I have looked at the tabook for the x200t and cannot find the specific models I have seen advertised for sale (7448-CTO-B96 and B97, as well as 7450-8HP, and BP8).  Is there any other source of information where this can be clarified?

Thank you in advance.

Token Ring
gwf12

Keep in mind that CTO models are what you buy directly from Lenovo and they won't be in the tabook, tabook only lists models that resellers have. To look up a CTO model, you have to rely on seller's description or have a serial number so you can look it up on Lenovo's support web site. Same will be true for other models not in tabook.

Paper Tape
robert53e

Then I would understand from your message that the outdoor screen supports neither 2 finger touch, 1 finger touch or 5 finger gesture. On this topic, I also strongly prefer a matte type screen to a glossy screen. Can you advise how the 2 types of screen stack up in that manner. Thank you very much. Robert
Paper Tape
roberrygmail

I have bought two x220t with the outdoor screens and neither have worked.  There is a known problem with the digitizer (pen) not working correctly especially near the edges of the screen.  It basically makes the digitizer worthless.

Do not buy a Lenovo tablet PC if you are expecting to be able to use the pen.  It will not work and you can check the forums.

Community SuperMod
bananaman

There's a solution for that under discussion here:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Tablet-ThinkPad-Laptops/Does-anyone-have-x220t-pen-working-prop...

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Community SuperMod
bananaman

Serial Port
houndkor

As far as I know, the more standard term for the screens with passive finger touch(singe or multiple fingers) and an active stylus is "Dual Touch".

A passive touchscreen that recognizes multple fingers is called "Multitouch"

They seem to be often confused though, even by the manufacturers, especially since touchscreens for tablet PCs nowadays are mostly dual touch AND multitouch...

Kim
Helix(Sold), Tablet 2, X120e, X201 Tablet, X41 Tablet, X41, X32, 701C
Paper Tape
magtgh

then why when i asked about a certain Lenovo thinkpad x201 tablet i saw in ebay if it is multitouch, the buyer said it is not multitouch only pen