Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
MiPo

Question re. Multitouch on the x201t...

With the introduction of the x201t there seem to be three options for screens: default, multitouch, or super bright.

My question is simple - Has lenovo moved on from the whole multitouch vs enhanced multitouch thing? If i get a "12.1" Multitouch WXGA LED Panel with Wide viewing Angle" on an x201t, is it safe to assume that it'll support 2 finger input?

Cheers!

-Mike

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Re: Question re. Multitouch on the x201t...

Hi MiPo, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

That's a great question! I'm checking it out.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Punch Card
MiPo

Thanks for looking into it, Bananaman!

Punch Card
MiPo

Just got off the phone with lenovo's customer service and got some info from them:

Was told that the x201t default multi touch was 2 finger, so it seems like the goofy nomenclature of multitouch vs enhanced multitouch is being left in the dust (Hurray!).

But there's more! The tech support guy mentioned that there will be 4 point multitouch input within the year so keep your eyes open for that as an option down the line.

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Thanks for posting that info MiPo!

The specs and documentation agree: the X201 Tablet is two-finger multitouch only. I updated my initial post accordingly.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Community SuperMod
bananaman

Blue Screen Again
chancecatalyst

Re: Lenovo tablets: multitouch vs multitouch

I'm thinking about getting my gf a x201 for her birthday, and I'm a little confused about the screen options. Thanks to this post I understand the current "multitouch" is 2-finger...

But just to be perfectly clear, the default non-multitouch IS both pen and finger?

Also, is there a clear explanation somewhere of the functionality that the 2-finger multitouch adds?

Thanks!

Fanfold Paper
belzinga

[ Edited ]

I got the mulittouch display. It works pretty well, it does have a bit of glare if a light is directly above the screen. It supports two finger touch similar to how an iPod does (pinch zoom for example) the super bright display only supports pen input.

EDIT: 

check out this message.

http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Tablet-ThinkPad-Laptops/X201t-Multitouch-vs-Superbright-screen/m...

Moderator edit: Fixed link.

Blue Screen Again
strattonrd

[ Edited ]

My last "IBM" laptop was so superior to the HP I have been using, I am "returning" to Lenovo now that my HP has bit the dust..  I looked at lenovo's website on the X201T and order one.  The order status in my account gave a description on the display as: 60Y7322   SBB 12.1WXGALEDPNLWWDVWANGL+TP!  Had I been able to find an explanation of this code anywhere on the internet I would have know that the order got taken wrong and would have changed the order before shipment.  I did not discover that this was not the computer described on the Lenovo website as an X201T until I tried to use the touch screen, so I had to send back this nonmultitouch computer and get one that has a order status as follows: 60Y7323   SBB 12.1ENMLTCHWXGLDPNWDVWANTP.  Can you tell me if there is a way to decode these order status descriptions?  Why would we be given order status descriptions that are not clear?  Tabook does not have these numbers or descriptions.

Paper Tape
trfox

Hi Bananaman,

Could you please clarify the following terms from Lenovo tabook file (x201 Tablet t/m 3113):

Entry: 

My question is : "Entry" and "Outdoor" types of display are touchscreen displays or no......

Outdoor:

12.1" (308mm) WXGA (1280x800) TFT color, anti-glare, LED backlight

400 nits, 16:10 aspect ratio, 500:1 contrast ratio, 1.2% refl ectivity, multiple

anti-refl ectivity layers, PVA or IPS

12.1"

200 nits, 16:10 aspect ratio, 500:1 contrast ratio, PVA or IPS, frameless

(308mm) WXGA (1280x800) TFT color, anti-glare, LED backlight

Thank you.

T.