Search instead for 
Do you mean 
mfg
Paper Tape
mfg
Accepted Solution

Mic problem out-of-the-box!

Hello everyone,

i just got my X220 tablet (42992PG) today and i just can make any voice calls or use the build in microphone in any way. When i use the mic in Skype or audiorecorder the sound is just terrible and not understandable. it's just a collection of hacked up sounds and nothing usefull.

I searched the forum for a solution and tried installing the latest drivers (as suggested here: http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Tablet-ThinkPad-Laptops/x220-built-in-mic-quiet/m-p/497183#M1280...) but with no success.

Now i would like to know if there is anything else or do i need to contact the lenovo service (i have 3 years on site).

Otherwise a fine piece of technology ...

... greetings from Germany :smileyhappy:

Lenovo X220 Tablet: Core i5 / 4 GB / 160GB SSD
Agotthelf
Topics: 145
Kudos: 262
Solutions: 183

Re: Mic problem out-of-the-box!

[ Edited ]

Hello mfg, welcome to Lenovo forum!

Please tell us the used OS.

Are you using a factory installation? Then press FN+F6 and switch the button from individual to group call.

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

mfg
Paper Tape
mfg

wow that really helped. i switched to group calls and back to individual ... and whoops skype gets my voice crispy clear!

kudos :smileyvery-happy:
Lenovo X220 Tablet: Core i5 / 4 GB / 160GB SSD
Blue Screen Again
macroweb

Can you leave it set at group calls or should I just switch it from individual to group and back to individual?  My x220T is doing the same thing and I am eager to try this fix.

Thanks,

Macroweb