Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
X220
Accepted Solution

Mouse cursor jumps around the screen randomly

I have an X220 convertable laptop but the mouse cursor is driving me mad.  It randomly jumps around the screen; clicks things and generally makes working really hard.  

At first i thought i might have a virus although i have Norton installed.  I have done virus scans with Norton and McAfee in both regular and safe modes.  No problems found.

I have diabled and installed drivers; changed mouse settings; reistalled USB drivers; tried a corded mouse and nomouse other than the touchpad.  Nothing works.

Lenovo support say they think it is a hardware problem; they sent me a new keyboard.  i put the new keyboard in (really easy to do).  No difference.

Lenovo want me to return my machine for evaluation but i use it every day.... I make mony on my computer and cannot affort to lose it for the minimum 4 days max 10 days they want it for service.  If i cannot work for 4 days I might as well go and buy another computer and throw this one in the bin!

Can anyone heplp please??

Token Ring
joesixgig

Re: Mouse cursor jumps around the screen randomly

Does the issue persist when you're running on battery with the charging cable unplugged? For me that stops it. That's not a permanent solution of course.

Fanfold Paper
blondophile

Hi 

=> Lenovo support => Motherboard ! :smileywink:

Token Ring
joesixgig

Paper Tape
mhammo15

Did they send you one or did you have to send it in? I really cannot afford the downtime of sending my laptop to a repair center.
Token Ring
joesixgig

My warranty included on-site service, so the tech that came in brought it. I'm not sure if they ever send out parts. 

Paper Tape
torontoibmguy

Thanks for the information, albeit this being an older thread.  I think when I call in I am going to tell them to send the tech with a new screen AND motherboard.  I've already paid for it with their $800 warranty (3 years all perils).

Paper Tape
moneypenny

I have a ThinkCenter All in One Desktop - this exact problem is happening to me year three into owning it.  I've unplugged the mouse, the keyboard, installed new drivers, uninstalled drivers, bought and returned mouse - and all of my equipment is attached, so there is no bluetooth to place the blame

did anyone find a solution to this problem on their own before i have to spend more time calling Lenovo directly?