Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
juppsel

Multitouch Gestures

Hi there,

I own a X220t, multitouch. An awesome PC/Notebook/Tablet thing :-)

But I can´t find a list with all the mutlitouch gestures (The ones for the tablet mode).

Has anybody a list, or this there any kind of manual?

Thanks in advance

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

Re: Multitouch Gestures

Take a look at this link and see if it answers your questions:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd940543(v=vs.85).aspx

Note that not all applications support all gestures - it's up to the application to decide what gestures to interpret.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask follow-up questions if you want to know more  :-)

Paper Tape
juppsel

Thanks for your answer.

But especially the mutlifinger gestures, 4-finger, 5-finger, are not listet. They seem to be a Lenovo feature...

Isn´t there any documentation?

I found the only hint to the gests. in jesse be andersens video blog...

Or is it possible to configure the gestures.

But anyway, thanks for your service.

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

For gestures using more than 2 fingers, you would need two things:

1.  a touch-screen panel that can handle more than 2 touch points (look in "Control Panel -> System and Security -> System" to find out how many touch points your hardware supports)

2.  an application that implements 3+ finger gestures, because this is not something that Windows does natively.  I have only ever seen 1 such application that does this, a demo of a CAD/engineering tool.  I'm not aware of any other Windows applications that support 3+ finger gestures. 

Paper Tape
juppsel

The x220t is able to handle this.

Just see the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoYx9QRgVDA&feature=fvsr

But I don´t now what kind of different gestures exist..

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

Sorry that I was mis-understanding you earlier.  I thought you were asking about how to use gestures in applications.  The features you are talking about are implemented by Wacom who is the manufacturer of the touch panel on the X220t.  Let me see if I can find some documentation about that.

Lenovo Staff
someotherguy

It seems that the documentation about these gestures isn't ready yet, but here is a preview.

3-finger jump navigation:  using three fingers to move up (or down) causes the cursor to jump to the top (or bottom) of the current document or web page.  It has the same effect as "control-home" and "control-end" keyboard presses.

4-finger application switching:  press and hold 4 fingers to launch the application switcher, then move them to the right or left to switch applications.

5-finger show/hide desktop:  tap all 5 fingers to show desktop.  tap all 5 fingers again to restore open windows.  It has the same effect as the "show desktop" button of windows taskbar.

5-finger lock:  make a "shrinking" gesture with all 5 fingers to lock the computer.  It has the same effect as pressing windowsKey-L.

Paper Tape
jonnyjl

Thank you for posting that.  I was trying to figure out the app switch :smileyhappy:  lol.. four fingers, don't know why I didn't think of that

The lock computer hsa been kinda hard to trigger.  I usually just move my thumb

Paper Tape
juppsel

Thanks a lot....

Token Ring
joesixgig

Has anyone found a way to customize/remap these? I couldn't find a config tool from Wacom. Ideally I would like to assign keys to different gestures, e.g. three finger swipe left = CTRL-Tab to switch tabs in Chrome, four finger swipe left = ctrl-tab to switch programs, five-finger pinch = Win-D to show desktop etc. AutoHotKey, the normal go-to place for customization, doesn't seem to have scripts for this either.