Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
wojciech_czyz

New Gfx driver from Intel 15.7.3, X61Tablet

Hello,

There is new driver 15.7.3 that at the moment is available only at Intel page. You can install it by:
1. Downloading zip with the driver, uncompressing it on the hard drive,
2. Going to device manager, selecting graphics card driver, doing upgrade driver
3. Select "Let me choose driver location", then select driver from the folder you just unzipped.

I did that, it works fine for me since 2 days, no real changes are visible just while using OS and applciations, I suppouse gaming would be an application to see real driver improvements.

Of course the main problem that I have with my tablet is not adressed by this update, as it would be rather adressed by Lenovos driver or pen/touch screen driver update. My problem is explained here:

Serial Port
wojciech_czyz

Re: New Gfx driver from Intel 15.7.3, X61Tablet

I have tried up the new driver with the few games that run on Vista 64, "The Witcher" and with the new driver the game works in both high quality and low quality graphics. With the old driver it was crashing in high quality mode. So seems this driver is the way to go for those using some game and 3D graphics users.
Serial Port
thommango

The latest install would not run for me on my 7767A4U.  It said the software hadn't be certified for my machine. 
Serial Port
wojciech_czyz

It will if you will exactly follow the steps as described. Plain executing EXE with driver will fail of course. There is newer driver on the Intel page by the way.
Punch Card
jtran

I just found out (halfway from experience) that if you install the driver from Intel you will lose the LCD brightness on screen display.  The little meter that appears at the bottom of the screen when you adjust the brightness.  Instead, if you update with the drivers released by Lenovo on their site, you'll retain all the original Lenovo functionality.  Just to note, though, the drivers I installed direct from Intel worked just fine.
Serial Port
wojciech_czyz

Hello, I had the brightness problem some time ago, but do not know when it went away. I have Intel original driver 7.15.10.1472, I can change brightness, some small problems are fixed, especially screen stays on after undocking, which fails on Lenovo drivers.
Punch Card
jtran

I didn't mean that the brightness could not be changed with the Intel driver.  With the driver direct from Intel, the brightness can still be changed via the hotkeys and the functionality is all there.  The only thing that is missing is the brightness meter on-screen-display that appears while you're changing the brightness.

I don't use a dock for my X61t yet, so I haven't noticed the performance differences in the drivers.  I think the version I have is 7.14...
Fanfold Paper
maverick46

I've noticed that with these Intel drivers, the OSD for the brightness comes back when you hibernate. It has worked for me about 90% of the time.