Support in other languages: 
SCSI Port
harry66

New SDHC card not being detected by built in Reader on X121e

Hi,

Just received my brand new Sandisk Extreme 45MB/s 16GB SDHC card from Amazon.

New card works fine in my cameras and also can be read fine from X121e IF I use an external USB SHDC card reader.

However, when I plug the SDHC card into the built in reader then nothing happens - nothing detected, no additional drive letter etc.

If I plug other 8GB or 16GB SDHC cards into the built in reader then they work fine. Have tried several.

Have checked the new SDHC card with the h2testw utility and it reports fine. This new SDHC card was bought from Amazon direct - NOT a marketplace reseller etc... So, should be no question about its authenticity...

Any ideas anyone please?

I dont mind using the external USB reader but it is slower than the built in card reader when I test some of my existing SDHC cards...Plus it means pluggin another device in  - not ideal..

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: New SDHC card not being detected by built in Reader on X121e

Hello Harry,

The issue could be recognizing the more capacity card.

Kindly update the card reader driver and then update the BIOS

Best Reader,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

SCSI Port
harry66

Re: New SDHC card not being detected by built in Reader on X121e

[ Edited ]

Ok - the card reader driver update did the trick but the following points:

1) Why did System Update (latest version) not mention a driver updates was available? I ran it yesterday just before posting the question here? It reported some updates for the communications driver etc but no mention of card reader driver update....

2) I had previously used a Samsung Class 10 SDHC 16GB card fine with the X121e built in reader - so obviously not simply a card Capacity related issue..

Thanks for the help though :cathappy: