Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
VinP

New received X220t: NO stylus in the bay!?

[ Edited ]

I finally received my x220t! I was really excited until I opened the package.

Before I tell you about the package let me tell you how much I have been anticipating its delivery. My T61 crashed on Jan 18th so the next day I pulled the trigger on a x220t. I love (loved?) Lenovo. I ordered my x220t on Jan 19th 2012. I did the normal 5 business day shipping and it finally came in today (Jan 31st, 12 days later!).

Being without a mobile computer longer than expected significantly affected my deadlines for work. Explaining the situation to my boss was not fun but thankfully he was understanding and granted me a second extension (first extension was when the T61 crashed initially). Very nice of him but it doesn't help the overall project. 

Anyway, fast forward to today. I see there is a problem with the shipping. Supposedly, UPS could not find my house. I get UPS packages on a weekly basis. I guess it was a new driver or something. I eventually ended up driving 30min out of my way to pick up the package. Finally she is in my hands. After such a long wait it was a relief to have it in my possession. 

I opened it up and check it out. Nice and shiny X220t is finally here in my hands. I couldn't wait to start inking. Well guess what. There is NO stylus in the bay!!! At this point I just want to kill myself. After so much anticipation, worrying, and traveling I can't even use my tablet for its intended purpose. I can't believe they forgot to put a stylus in the package, the most integral part of this machine!  

Yes, I know what you guys might be thinking. Its probably in the other box. I am familiar with Lenovo's packaging since we get their systems in for work and I have ordered their thinkpads in the past (t61, x61, x201 etc etc). I checked high and low, every corner, every crevice of that box. That stylus didn't have a chance to hide from me. I'm very surprised they forgot to put it in. 

Now for the "fun". I'm not looking forward to getting on the phone again tomorrow and working through the lower level staff until I get someone competent that can help me get my stylus.

Sorry if I sound negative, but this has just been such an emotional rollercoaster. I just want to start inking and using my x220t for its intended purpose. 

If anyone has any suggestions on how I can best expidite the process of getting my missing stylus into her home, please let me know. I'm really not looking forward to getting on the phone again. It's so draining. 

Moderator Note: Edited subject to match content.

Punch Card
AQ_OC

Re: Order Finally received, but very disappointed! Come on Lenovo!

I think you should try to gain some perspective....it was just an oversight on someones part when packing up the computer. Stuff like this happens. It's not the end of the world.  if you really feel like the stylus is that important, you should have ordered an extra so if you should lose one your world would not crash to its end.

if t is really that important, you can try ordering one over night from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Thinkpad-Tablet-Digitizer-Identical-Included/dp/B000KX3CWK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&...

not sure if that one works on the x220t though.

I must admit I don't blame you for not wanting to get on the phone with Lenovo. The totally suck on the phone.

Paper Tape
VinP

[ Edited ]

So the saga continues.

I tried to circumvent the phone process by utilizing the online support. I was quickly transferred to the Post Sales team where I explained the situation to Mr. R. After an hour of waiting, I still did not get a response from him. 

As a result I was forced to finally call the Post Sales Team. Here my call was escalated to a supervisor where I discovered that there is nothing they can do at this time with my order because they cannot access it. The reason I was given was that the website they need to access my order is under maintenance.

Oh great! More delays and setbacks. The news just keeps getting better and better... :smileysad:

I JUST WANT MY STYLUS!!

Being an IBM, now Lenovo, customer for over a decade my faith in this company is beginning to waiver.

Perhaps a tablet PC from Fujitsu would have been a better choice.

Moderator note; full name of Lenovo employee edited in accordance with the Forum Rules

SCSI Port
DUTCHvanAtlanta

VinP wrote:

Being an IBM, now Lenovo, customer for over a decade my faith in this company is beginning to waiver.

Perhaps a tablet PC from Fujitsu would have been a better choice.

I agree with you 100%.  The whole email and phone order/support experience with Lenovo is like participating in a Chinese Fire Drill as choreographed by the Keystone Kops.  If you're not familiar with those two entities, check them out on Wikipedia.

Punch Card
AQ_OC

Lenovo told me there was nothing they could do...but I kept pressing...I got mad...and hot...I was going to cancel the order...the sales person didnt' seem to want that...finally, he did something.  I got my order a lot quicker than they had promised.

Don't listen to them when they say there is nothing they can do.  What that means is they don't want to do anything.  Someone there can simply send you a new stylus...they don't need to see your order.

Guru
Audois

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Lenovo-X220-Tablet-Digitizer-Pen-04W1477-0A72243-/110712394112?pt=LH_D...

X220t | i7 | 320GB HDD | 8GB RAM | WIN7 PRO
IdeaCenter A520 | i5 | 1 TB HDD | 6GB RAM | WIN8.1
Paper Tape
VinP

The story keeps getting better. After finally waiting for most of the day to hear back in regard to when they will be able to access my order I finally gave up. I went to the site myself to check my order. Guess what? All the info regarding my order showed up.

So during my meeting I sent over an email to the supervisor reminding him that I am still alive and to tell him that I checked the site and saw all my order info. I asked for a follow-up regarding my missing stylus. He replies shortly thereafter to tell me that the he spoke to the supply team which then told him to send in a request to send me a "digitizer pen for no charge".

(How nice of them for doing me the favor of not having me pay for something I already paid for and waited for over 12 days to arrive.)

I respond by requesting that the accessory be shipped to me overnight since I needed this integral part of this tablet. How else am I supposed to use the tablet to take notes during meetings with clients. He goes on to tell me that I will receive an email from his senior representative with my order number by the end of the day and that he could not get me 1 day shipping because "its not available for that item". You have got to be kidding me! That is the least they can do after all this misery they put me through.

Well guess what... it is well past midnight and it has been over 7 hours since that email. Still no order number! So much for "by the end of the day".

I am not a happy. I do not recall management at Lenovo being like this in the past. Now I am considering another company that my family and I should start to buy our computers from. From my research I see that Fujitisu makes great tablet PCs and Panasonic makes good notebooks.

dd3
Paper Tape
dd3

I justo think someone should point out that the stylus does not come in the bay, but is separately packed in your box....... Are you sure you checked in your box. The bay ships empty..... The stylus comes with an extra tip.... In a clear small plastic package.....
SCSI Port
DUTCHvanAtlanta

[ Edited ]

dd3 wrote:
I justo think someone should point out that the stylus does not come in the bay, but is separately packed in your box....... Are you sure you checked in your box. The bay ships empty..... The stylus comes with an extra tip.... In a clear small plastic package.....

Which begs the question.  What is the small metal ring that is included with the spare tips?

Also, is tip replacement as simple as pulling out the old and inserting the new?

Paper Tape
VinP

So guess what? Still no shipment and no contact from anyone from Lenovo regarding my stylus!! This is insanity. The customer service at Lenovo has certainly degraded to the point where I do not feel comfortable purchasing their products. It's very unfortunate. At this time I plan to cancel my order and ship everything back.

Lenovo has broken my faith in their company and has lost the business of my friends, family, and colleagues.

dd3:
If you read my first post you will see that i wrote the following:
"Yes, I know what you guys might be thinking. Its probably in the other box. I am familiar with Lenovo's packaging since we get their systems in for work and I have ordered their thinkpads in the past (t61, x61, x201 etc etc). I checked high and low, every corner, every crevice of that box. That stylus didn't have a chance to hide from me. I'm very surprised they forgot to put it in. "

DUTCH: The metal ring is a tip extractor